From Now On

Antonio cried out as Jes fell forward

Antonio cried out as Jes fell forward. He wanted to catch her but his body was frozen in place.

Jon's carrier landed with a bang, waking him. Jon began to scream, soon joined by his brother. For a moment, everything was frozen in time.

Jacquie tried to push herself from her hospital bed. Kevin told her stay and hit the red button on the wall triggering a code.

Suddenly, the whole unit was filled with action. Doctors, nurses and orderlies flooded the area. One of the pediatric nurses grabbed Jon's carrier and took him to another room to be checked over. Eva followed closely behind, not wanting to let her baby brother out of her sight. Diego took Mateo's carrier and followed them. He wanted to stay with his parents, but he also knew that there wasn't anything that he or Eva could do. It was best to let the professionals handle the situation.

Antonio was finally able to unfreeze and rushed to his wife's side. "Jes! Damn it, Jeslyn!" He wanted to shake her shoulders but knew there was a chance of a neck or head injury since she'd fallen and hit her head on the floor.

"Sir, let us help her..." One of the orderlies tried to pull him from Jes' side.

"NO!" Antonio pulled his arm away. "I am not leaving her!"

It took orderlies to pull Antonio away so they could get Jes onto a stretcher.

"Let's move!" One of the doctor's barked. "Follow us closely." He kicked off the breaks on the gurney that had been wheeled in and began to push her to the elevators. "We're taking her to a trauma room, you can come in, but when we say move, you move or you're out."

Antonio could barely answer. "Yes."

The elevator doors slid open and they rushed the gurney into the waiting trauma room. While nurses cut away her clothes, another one asked Antonio questions as to Jes' health. He tried his best to answer, but there were so many questions.

"She's not pregnant... we... we actually don't know why, since we haven't been stopping anything."

"Any medical conditions?"

Antonio told them what he could. "If you call Dr. Will Halstead at Chicago Med, he'll get you her entire file." He gave them the number and the nurse rushed off to get a hold of Jes' records.

"Mr. Dawson... can you tell me what happened leading up to her collapsing?" The doctor asked.

"We'd spent most of the day here... her best friend, like a sister, had her baby today. Jes was with her throughout the process. We were just leaving when she said she wasn't feeling right and started swaying. She snapped at me when I asked her if she wanted our oldest to carry our son's carrier. Then she just went down."

"Did she hit her head?"

"Maybe." Antonio was running his hands through his hair. "I don't know." He stopped and looked around. "Where are the babies?"