~.~

Epilogue

~~~

"Even the cloudy days can find a ray of sunshine. I'm thankful to have found mine."

~~~

Louis's smile was like a million suns, blindingly bright and distracting but wonderful, so wonderful.

Harry found himself smiling as well, even if Louis couldn't see it, even if Louis was smiling for someone else, holding hands with someone else, and had love for someone else.

Harry let out a heavy sigh and stood up from the park bench, rubbing his sweaty palms on his jeans as Louis pulled along the other boy, holding tightly onto him as the moved towards the swings. They were talking and laughing and giggling and Louis looked like he worshipped the boy who's hand he was holding.

Harry's heart was aching at the sight, so many emotions running through him as Louis turned and made eye contact, looking surprised for a second before grinning and leaving the boy at the swings, rushing towards Harry.

"Hey," Louis said quietly, eyes staring into Harry's. "I didn't know you were here. Why were you watching me?"

"I just... You know why," Harry said softly, looking down at Louis.

Louis grinned and shook his head, fringe falling in his eyes. "Are you going to cry, Harry?" He tutted.

"You know I won't," Harry replied. "I just get this... This feeling when I watch you and James."

James was swinging by himself, green eyes staring down the pair and Louis smiled fondly at him. "I get that feeling when watching you and James."

Harry finally smiled, hand reaching for Harry's as he watched their son, small feet kicking back and forth to keep himself moving.

"Looks so much like you," Louis said as he and Harry headed towards the boy, hands held together. "He fell earlier and put on the bravest little face, reminded me of you so much."

Harry, at first, was obviously not into getting a surrogate and having a child, but Louis had been working at a daycare and was infatuated with kids. It was late one night, nearly five years ago, while he and Harry were lazing around in the bed, that Louis finally convinced Harry, after six years of being together, that they should have a kid and Harry hadn't regretted it much since.

It was hard at first, of course, with Harry having to quit dancing and get a real job. Louis had done that years beforehand but Harry had more difficulty letting go and he had to take over the club when Niall got sick and Ed had to leave, eventually deciding not to come back into the stripping business.

Harry finally sold the club and went to online college and, here they were, happily married with Harry as a computer technician and Louis as a stay-at-home dad.

James was a copy of Harry, beautiful and flawless with big, green eyes, a dimpled smile, and a lanky body for a four year old.

"He's been asking for you. How was work?" Louis asked as they neared their son.

"Fine. We're going to see Niall after this," Harry said softly. "Poor Ed is a wreck."

"It's horrid that he relapsed again," Louis said thickly. "I don't know what I'd do if you got cancer."

"Keep going for James," Harry replied simply, grinning when James smiled and got up from the swing, running to wrap onto Harry's legs.

"Daddy," James said, "I missed you."

Harry grinned wider and picked up his boy, holding onto him tightly. "I love you, too. We're going to see Uncle Niall now, okay?"

"Okay," James agreed, pressing his lips in a tight line. James was smart, knowing there was something wrong with Niall, always had known, but he just got down from Harry's arms and headed towards Louis's car with his parents behind him.

"Harry," Louis said as they begin walking again. "I love you."

Harry leaned over and kissed Louis's cheek softly. "I love you, baby boy. Always my baby boy."

Louis hummed in delight, gripping onto every second that he had with Harry and holding it all in his memory.

He had single-handedly changed a wrecked, closed-in asshole into a caring, perfect dad, husband, and man in general. It was all a huge dollar coaster ride but both boys were so in love that they hung on and stayed strong throughout everything. 

Harry and Louis's love story wasn't like many others, but it was their own and they couldn't ask for anything else.

~~~

The end officially.

~~~

Posted a new story called Voodoo, go check that shit out.

You guys can decide what happens to Niall and with Larry and all that because this story was mostly ably finding who you are and that's what's important.

~~~