CHAPTER THREE

Sean O'pry as Luke Dawson

Paisley Smith P.O.V

After making pancakes for the boys, I gave them a shower and changed them into their clothes which they would wear to school. They go to a pre-school, so there wasn't any uniform required.

I gave them their milk to finish till the time I would go get ready for work.
I worked as a lawyer at "Carl and Joseph Associates"(fictional).

Money was a problem till I was in London, because he made sure I wouldn't get a job anywhere. Seeing his power and wealth nobody could dare to defy him.
So of course, I moved to New Jersey before the twins were born with the help of my friends.

All five of them helped me alot, both emotionally and financially. I'm definitely indebted to them for the rest of my life, not that I am complaining. It's difficult to find such genuine people in today's world, and for that, I feel extremely lucky to have them.

They were my pillars of strength. Helped me when I was completely shattered. That man not only played with my heart, but left me penny and jobless after divorcing me. Sealed all my back accounts, and threw me out of the house in middle of the night to live on the streets and fend for myself.

After claming down that horrific cold night, I reached Melissa's place early in the wee of the morning .

<><><><><><><><><><>

4 Years Ago....

"GET THE HELL OUT OFF MY HOUSE AND DON'T YOU DARE TO SHOW ME YOUR FACE AGAIN OR ELSE I'LL DESTROY EVERYBODY RELATED TO YOU!" He said dragging me out by my arm harshly.

"Please don't do this please, baby. I beg you! I love you so much please forgive me for his mistakes" I yanked my arm out of his grip and went down on my knees, and begged him for forgiveness. Forgiveness for the crime I never committed.

"I don't care about you! You don't matter to me, you never mattered to me." He said with a sadistic laughter and continued. "You are nothing but a source of REVENGE for me. I always faked my feelings for you! My work with you now is done, I don't need you, you're of no use to me. Good for nothing woman!" He spat with venom. My chest tightened and a painful gasp escaped my lips.

With that he pushed out of the gate and asked the guard's to close them for me forever.

I kept on begging, shouting out for him but he seemed unaffected and went inside. Even when he went inside, I kept on pleading, but he turned deaf to my pleadings.
I wanted to do something to snap him out of his evil trance that was unfamiliar to me because the man I knew was the most doting and loving husband who would kill for me in a heartbeat, but tonight it seemed as if he was trapped in some sort of a wicked spell.

I don't know for how many hours was I crying outside till I saw the sunrise. One of the guards Gordon came and said "Ms.Smith, I have called a taxi for you, please don't sit outside or else you'll fall sick."
I flinched upon hearing Gordons's words and stomach twisted in knots, it seemed as if he poured acid on my ears.
I wasn't Ms.Smith, I was Mrs.Redmond a name I carried so proudly as it bounded me with Kyle in all its meaning for the world to know I was his and he was mine, but not anymore.

"Gordon, please let me in! I just want to talk to him and after that I'll leave, I beg you, please just once." I begged looking at him through my tear filled eyes.