CHAPTER FIVE

Colton Haynes as Ace Maxwell

Paisley Smith P.O.V

I stood on the stairs shell shocked.

I couldn't believe my eyes. It all seemed like a nightmare! I wanted to run away and hide.

Seeing the man who was once my husband and the sole reason for my destruction set my soul on fire.
I've replayed this very moment in my head over a million times imagining and rehearsing everything I would do if this ever happened. I had planned on asking him all the questions I couldn't before, seek answers that would make it hurt less, but in this very moment all those years of mapping out the perfect plan flew right out of the window, instead I just wanted to leap straight ahead claw his eyes out and strangle him.

Kyle Redmond was standing at my doorstep with a huge grin spread across his handsome face.

I gently pinched myself to make sure it wasn't a dream, and let out a hiss which confirmed it wasn't.

That shameless man actually was standing here on my doorstep!

<><><><><><><><><><>

Kyle Redmond P.O.V

My wife stood there on the stairs with a shocked expression on her beautiful face. She surely wasn't expecting she would ever see me again.
The grin on my face widened. It all seemed as a beautiful dream to me.

I saw her gently pinch herself to make sure it wasn't a dream.
I was brought out of my trance when I heard her letting out hiss from pinching too hard.

Instantly I bolted towards her and held her arm in my hand to see the spot turning red.

"You wouldn't ever change your habit of making sure things are real, will you?" I asked giving her my full attention.

She yanked her arm off my girp harshly and took two steps behind as if my touch burned her and looked at me with such hatred that was enough to kill me on the spot. I could feel my stomach turning into knots seeing her flinching away from my touch, the flaming hatred in her eyes caused my heart to sink.

You can't just expect her to be ok with it after everything you did jerk. My consicious said.

"What are you doing here, Mr.Redmond? There surely isn't anything or anyone here you can destroy anymore." Paisley said her eyes blazing with fury and disgust.
Hearing her call me Mr.Redmond was sounding all too foreign to me, I was use to of hearing endearments from her as she addressed me.

"I am not here to destroy anything, Mrs.Redmond. I am here to seek forgiveness for my actions. I am here to make everything right." I swallowed the nonexistent lump in my throating and replied with utmost honesty making Paisley scoff at my words.

"You surely have had a memory loss over the past four years. If you remember, we are divorced I am not your wife anymore. As far as forgiving you is concerned, it will never happen. You know the way, please show yourself out." With that she turned to leave.

I tried to grab her but Luke's voice boomed. "You heard what she said now, get off her property this second or else I won't hesitate to make matters worse." He used the exact same words I used that day, mocking me.

<><><><><><><><><><>

Paisley Smith P.O.V

I heard Luke's voice and turned around. I saw him coming close to Kyle with each word.

If looks could kill, Kyle would have already been beyond six feet under the ground.