CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHT

Paisley Redmond P.O.V

It has been more than a week since I have comeback to London and I am loving every single second of it.

After the little fight me and Kyle had in his office on the first day, everything has been perfect.

I can't thank Kyle enough for not giving up on me, even when I was relentless on the topic of our separation. In these previous days, I feel as if I have learnt to live again, the pain of the previous four years has slowly started to fade away already.

"Babe?" I heard Kyle calling out for me.

"In here!" I replied shouting from the walk in closet.

After a few seconds I heard Kyle enter.

"What are you upto?" He asked as he saw I was arranging some clothes.

"Sorting out the shelves." I replied.

"I can see that, but why? We have house staff to do all that stuff for us." Kyle said leaning on the panel of the closet and crossed his arms over his chest.

"I know that we have house staff, but why shouldn't I do something I can easily manage? It's fine, I have always liked sorting out my closet." I replied trying to keep the clothes on the top most shelf. Thanks to my 5'3 height I wasn't able to reach there, even after standing on my toes.

"You won't reach till there, short stuff." I heard Kyle say as he laughed.

"Shut up!" I snapped narrowing my eyes at him.

"No, honestly, you wouldn't reach till there." He said amusement evident in his voice.

I just glared at him and went back trying to keep the clothes on that damn shelf but again failed.

"Here, let me do it." Kyle took the clothes from my hand and kept them on their place.

Damn him for his tall height!

"So easy it was, wasn't it?" He teased and winked at me.

"Yeah-yeah. Whatever!" I said and turned around.

"Baby?" He called.

"Hmm." I replied turning around.

"Are you liking it here? I mean, do you feel comfortable? If there is anything that you want or anything you don't like, please just tell me." He said pulling me close to him by my waist.

My lips curled on their own in a smile. This is something he asks me everyday and my answer is always the same.

"Of course I do! It feels good, I feel at ease. There is nothing you need to worry about, if I need something I will let you know. Okay? After all this is my home now." I said offering a small smile.

He nodded and pulled me in for a tight embrace.

This is something he does at every chance he finds, and I don't stop him either. It feels comforting.

"I love you, Paisley! Always remember that no matter what." He said pecked my forehead and pulled away.

In response I just smiled at him and nodded my head slightly like always.

The hurt after my every silent response is evident in his features, but I just can't bring myself to those words back to him.

I know it hits him straight in the heart everytime I don't reciprocate the way he wants me to, but I want to be sure.
I do not hate him, but I want to let go of all the unpleasant memories from the past from my end, before my admission of love for him.