1| Notice

Dedicated to: Theo_FOUR

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Just because we don't talk doesn't mean I don't think about you. I'm just trying to distance myself because I know I can't have you..."

~ Wiz Khalifa

Connor

It was Friday, we were in our high-school. As I began removing the books from the locker, I spotted Caleb chilling with his friends. He was laughing, having so much fun joking around.

'How could he?' I thought 'am I the only one devastated?'

I sighed; we had to do something about this. If we both advance Harley together, we would end up fighting and things would get out of hand; to fight with him over a girl was the last thing I had on my mind. With a heavy heart, I walked up to him.

"Caleb, we need to talk" I exclaimed, gritting my teeth.

"We are talking" he replied with a chuckle and his friends joined him. To hide the embarrassment, I smiled and rolled my eyes. Didn't he see how important this was?

I dragged him to a corner and muttered "One of us has to approach Ley now, it's-"

"Wait..." he cut me off "Who is Ley?"

"It's Harley" I pursed my lips and shook my head "and it's high time Caleb; it has been two months since we discussed about it"

"Dude" he grinned shyly "Ley is like..." he sighed, running his hands through his hair and whistled.

"I'll approach her" I told him.

"Wait what? No, I'll do it first" he flinched.

"Listen, there is more chance that she'd like you, so let me try first because..." I looked away "...I'm such a weirdo; I'm not even that famous or appealing"

I could see his anger materialize into sympathy as he slid his arm round my shoulder "If you weren't appealing, Kimberly would never have let you kiss her"

My eyes widened as the halcyon past flooded mind. All the memories, the good times, flashed before my eyes. I restrained my mind from thinking about it because it hurt whenever I did. I had to lock these memories away, forever.

"Please do not talk about her Caleb, don't ever" I breathed "back to Ley, let me do it first"

"No" he slightly recoiled.

"What about Gina?" I gritted my teeth, raising my voice this time "You're already in a relationship with her!"

"So what?" he said casually "there's a thing called 'breaking up'"

"But she likes you Caleb, a lot actually"

"Fuck that" he snarled "Who cares? I'll approach Ley first and this topic is closed for the day" he turned around and walked away, leaving me bewildered staring at his back.