21| Senseless

Dedicated to:knownstranger03

Thank you so much for the love and support and comments! You're an amazing and talented writer!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tolerance and celebration of individual differences is the fire that fuels lasting love"

~Tom Hannah

Connor

After school, I flung my bag on my back and walked out of the highschool premises. Caleb took the car away again. All of this Caleb and Harley drama was making me suspicious and frustrated. They acted quite weird around eachother and this forced me to drop to unexplainable conclusions.

Nothing made sense.

Upfront was a small park. People sat and chatted or merely rested on the lush green grass. Amongst them was a familiar face.

Gina sat leaning to the bark of a tree, her head was facing upwards, staring into emptiness. Since I had time on my hands, I strolled up to her and sat beside her leaning on the same tree.

She turned around to face me, forced a crest-fallen smile and went back to look at the sky.

"So...how's life?" I endeavoured to start a conversation.

A nervous scoff escaped her mouth "What do you think?"

"I think it's pretty messed up" I sighed with sympathy "We're in the same boat my friend"

"Atleast no one cheated on you" her morose glare pierced into mine "I was cheated on. Twice. First it was Caleb and then Harley"

Harley?

What did Harley do to her?

"What did Harley do?" I asked out of curiosity.

"Pfft you don't know? I thought Caleb told you" she sat straight up and gawked at me with widened eyes.

I furrowed my brows indicating that I didn't quite get what she meant.

"Connor, Connor, Connor..." she chanted "You're so gullible. Didn't you notice Caleb and Harley and how they act around eachother? They're so in love"

I couldn't believe that this statement was coming out of Harley's best friend. I looked at Gina with intent. Oh how tolerant she was.

"Y-You think?"

"Think?" she rolled her eyes and bit her lower lip "I know. Since the beginning the two have been good to eachother. My best friend never told me about this. I should've known"

I gulped as the words, that I feared, escaped my lips "You think they're in a relationship?"

"I didn't say that" she said and abruptly stopped talking. Her head suddenly flashed up, her pupils dilated "What if...they are?"

"I fear the same" I stopped as soon as I said that. My palms became sweaty and I felt the urge to capture these words out of thin air and stuff them back into my mouth.

Gina squinted her eyes at me "What're you fearing? I'm the one who should be mourning if it turns out to be true"

Fortunately, Gina didn't question me more about it. I would become dead meat if Gina came to know about my feelings for Harley and she might even feel worse than before because I never confessed.