20| Past

Dedicated to:Cbyrd0329

Thanks a tonne for the lovely comments and votes! You have always motivated me :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I may fight with my siblings, but once you lay a finger on them, you'll be facing me!"

~Pininterest

Connor

I dragged my feet. They make stomping noises that were overpowered by the ruckus caused by the students passing by, as I trotted across my highschool corridors.

Some of Harley's famous friends shot treacherous glares at me as if warning me to stay away from her.

Almost all the guys here showed signs of jealousy and hatred. They moved aside to give me way as I stood in front of my locker.

What were they jealous of?

Harley kissed me on purpose yesterday and now suddenly, it's my fault?

The reason being, Harley isn't just a 'random' girl around here. I remember her since the day she was a freshman, back when Caleb wasn't that famous.

Harley was the most ebullient girl, athletic and agile. She was positive, confident and she was actually quite considerate back in the day. That's why they loved her. Everyone just felt the irresistible need to go talk to her. Being humorous, she had the potential to make us feel pleased.

She's quite different now. Popularity corrupted her, just like it corrupts everything else.

Just like it corrupted my brother.

From the corner of my eyes, I caught a tinge of red. I looked up and my vision materialized to reveal Caleb and a few of his famed friends gathered in a corner. Caleb had a bright red hoodie on.

I hadn't seen him since morning. According to my mother, he left an hour before I even woke up.

Why did he have to leave the house so early? He wouldn't even tell me if I ever asked him. That's how bad our relationship had become.

We were like two petals on the same flower. A flower that swished tranquilly with the gale. Until the brutal and evil little bee came flying toward that flower, offhandedly.

It wrecked us.

Tore us apart.

Shoved us into the darkest depths of the world.

As I stood there across the corridor, staring at my benevolent brother, my heart burned from inside.

How could he be so happy?

Didn't he remember what he told me a few years ago?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Give me that watch!" the boy screams. The sound is so shrill that it pierces my inner ear. The boy is taller and probably more muscular than me.

Behind him are three other boys. All of them close in on me as my back hits the blackboard.

"But-" my ten-year-old self stammers "But it was a gift...from my dad"