30| Revenge

Dedicated to:TakeBackTheDarkness

Thank you so much my friend for being such a loyal reader. I love you, your comments and your votes XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Even the nicest people have their limits"

~Anonymous

Caleb

Guilt.

It's such a bitch.

The feeling that someone is hurting because of you - it was just unbearable.

Now I sat on an armchair in Connor's room, facing the bed. On the bed, lay the almost lifeless Connor, his eyes shut close, taking hasty breathes.

His head was banded with thick layers of bandages and yet, spots of fresh crimson-red blood could be seen on it. It only made me wonder how deep the cut would've been that the blood seeped through. I winced, glancing at the bruises that covered his face and the wounds that enveloped his arms.

A picture of Connor hurriedly trying to shield himself as Eric waved a dagger at him, formed in my mind. I bit my lower lip and ran my hands through my hair in frustration.

Just wait till we find those assholes.

And then what? My mind asked. Can you undo what they did to your brother?

The truth sent chills down my spine. The thought of facing Connor, after he wakes up, frightened me. I didn't want his forgiveness, I wasn't worth it.

I looked at his bandaged hand for sometime before lifting it and holding it between my hands. His hand felt fragile and weak and it just made me even more miserable.

A ball of sorrow had formed in my throat and I let out a whimper. I placed my forehead on his hand and surprisingly, I broke down to tears.

"I'm sorry" I cried glancing up at his face "I'm so sorry bro..."

I could feel the air in the room thickening, a weight of despair that I never felt before. Never in my life did I ever cry with such an intense feeling - I could feel it.

"You were right all along" I spoke to Con, even though I knew he couldn't hear me. My voice came out in stutters "I'm an asshole. A selfish fucking asshole"

"My life's a mess bro..." I wiped my tears away with one arm and got back to holding his hand "I always tried to fit in with the popular people; I thought I didn't need you. I used you"

The word 'used' gave me a more agonizing heartache than I had imagined.

"But the truth is...it's that I'm stupid!" I almost yelled and muffled on my sobs "And it's the other way round - I need you"

I wiped my tears again and smiled at him "I don't know if you'd ever forgive me for I did, and I don't want your forgiveness either because I don't deserve it..." another tear went sliding down my cheeks "...But if you ever come back to this day, please remember that...I...Caleb Parker...am truly sorry for everything that I've done till date...and that I promise to never hurt you again"

I placed his hand back on the bed and started to wail out loud. I pushed myself of the armchair and headed towards the bedroom door.

I wasn't even worth being anywhere near him.