13| Encounter

Dedicated to:daixsey
Thank you so much for all the love and support! :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know what I'd do if you left me.
So please don't go away
Everything that you're is who I am
Who I am today

~Anonymous

Kimberly

Connor was seated beside me on the grass, staring up front at the extensively stretched lake.

I was crying; have been since he got here. I told him I was crying because I missed this place, but honestly, it was because of meeting him. Our encounter was pretty unexpected and it all felt like a dream.

After four years, four years of weeping, four years of no contact, he was finally here.

I just couldn't get my eyes off of his face. He had become a fit, fully fledged, charming guy. He looked different.

His eyes portrayed an emotion I couldn't recognize. I was always capable of speculating his mood from his eyes. But now, I couldn't.

He used to be such a geeky guy, but he's changed.

His hair was anointed with gel and spiked from the front, his jaw line was more protruding and he had an attractive body and posture, I could tell that even with his shirt on.

Did he hit puberty after I left?

He suddenly looked at me, catching me staring at him. I flushed bright red, wiping the tears of my cheeks.

"So..." he broke the silence "You talk first or I talk first?"

I giggled at his tone "You. I just don't know what to say"

His expression changed and then I saw it; anger, his ocean-blue eyes portrayed anger.

"I thought you weren't gonna return" he half-whispered, gawking at me "Why are you here?"

My eyes were directed to his plum lips and I wanted to take him right there and then.

I resisted the urge because he still thought that I liked Caleb when that was all a lie that I told him to make him hate me.

"I..." I whispered, enjoying his nearness "I returned two days ago. I passed my highschool in the town I went to, I've graduated already. Mom and dad didn't want to leave our old house and we came back. I'm gonna continue my college here"

He felt silent for a while, his head hung low, as if he was in a deep thought. Then he looked back up at me "Why didn't you tell me you were coming back?"

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled and backed away a little "Y-You blocked me everywhere! On social media, you blocked my phone number, everything!"

Fury and rage took over me but it only materialized into melancholy when I looked at Connor straight in his remorseful eyes.