35| Date

Dedicated to:2002anushkanandi

Thank for always voting, supporting me and for being a really dedicated reader!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"I realized I was thinking of you, and I began to wonder how long you've been on my mind. Then it occurred to me: Since I met you, you've never left"

~Anonymous

Gina

I dropped face first on my bed after Caleb left through the window. Unable to stop smiling, I kept twirling the blood-red rose with my fingers.

I still wasn't sure if forgiving Caleb was the right thing to do but at that moment, I couldn't think straight. Everything was a blur except his beautiful face.

I realized I loved him and I needed him no matter how much of a dickhead he is, I will always fall for him again.

Recollecting that he had handed me a letter, I hopped of my bed and walked toward the desk where the light-pink envelop sat. I lifted it, examined it a little bit and then pulled out a paper out of it.

I unfolded the paper and my eyes were greeted by Caleb's handwriting. He had written a long essay and I couldn't help but squeal when I saw the adorable drawing of hearts and teddies he had made on the sides.

I started reading, grinning all the way till the end. He had invited me for dinner. The location, according to him, was a 'secret' and he wanted me to get ready by 7 pm.

'Don't dress up like you dress for prom. Keep it simple because you look beautiful in anything you wear ;) I'll be there at your porch by 7 :*'

I chewed on my lip and my heart fluttered with glee. I pirouetted across the room like a lovesick puppy and danced my way to the cabinet. I pulled the doors open and rummaged through the contents to find the dress I had recently bought.

**********

6:50pm

I fiddled with my fingers, curled my toes under my shoes and swayed from side-to-side. Caleb would be here any minute. I was going on a date with him after a long time and just the thought of seeing him started numerous explosions of butterflies in my stomach.

I stood very close to the door and as soon as I heard a car pulling into my driveway, I forcefully thrust the door open.

Up front stood Caleb, hands in his pockets, a bright smile plastered on his lips and his hair neatly combed into place.

And he was wearing-

My lips parted as I closed up on him "This jacket..." I trailed my fingers down its collar. It was a jet-black leather jacket that I had once gifted him.

He clasped my hand in his "Hey there beautiful" and he kissed my palm "Let's go, shall we?"

"Wait" I grinned and immediately ran my hands through his hair, messing his hairstyle "Now, we can go"

"What'd you do that for?" he chuckled.

"You didn't seem you with that formal hairdo, now you look more like the Caleb that I fell in love with"

He just smiled and intertwined our fingers together, leading me to his car.

**********