18| Settled

Dedicated to:A_useless_teen

Thank you so much for the support love! Keep supporting like this :)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Insecurity is an ugly thing, it makes you hate people you don't even know"

~Anonymous

Connor

Kimberly and I walked...

We just walked...silently, wordlessly...

She had been staring at the hard concrete sidewalk intensely since we left the cafe, as if it were telling her something and she was reading secrets from it.

"Where are we going?" she whispered, breaking the silence.

I replied casually, making sure she doesn't recognize the pain and misery in my voice "To meet Alberto"

She ceased to a stop.

I turned around and shot her a death glare "You're coming with me"

"No..." she demanded "I don't think I'm ready to meet him yet and besides, you can't force me to"

My eyes widened when I noticed a slight nuance of anger in her tone. What made her so furious at me?

"Kim I'm not in the mood" I walked up to her "You need to meet Al"

When she started to back away, I caught her wrist "Kim, Alberto has been there for me when I was depressed, he has moved Heaven and Earth to make me happy. Right now, he's out there somewhere, probably mourning over how horrible his life is"

Her watery eyes burned into mine.

"I need you" I gritted my teeth "Al showed up this morning but since I told him about you, he has been nowhere in sight. He skipped school. We need to fix this Kim"

"How?" her lower lip twitched indicating that she was on the verge of crying...again. Maybe because I was being too harsh to her.

"I'll do the talking" I smiled to soothe her "You just have to show him your face"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I knocked on Al's room and entered it. He lay shirtless and sprawled on his bed, in deep sleep.

Kim whispered something ever so softly that I had to strain my ears to hear it "...should we wake hi-"

"Yes we should" I picked the empty crimson bowl on his desk, that he probably had popcorn in, and made my way inside the bathroom.

I walked out with a bowl full of water, stood beside his bed and poured the ice cold liquid on his face.

He flashed his eyes open, yelled for his mom and sat straight on the bed. Breathing, huffing, puffing, he wiped his face with his blanket.

His raging eyes pierced mine as I kneeled in front of him "Good Morning" I grinned.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" he screamed and reached for a pillow. He came for me, hitting my face hard "You whore, you slu-" he stopped midsentence when his eyes landed on Kimberly.

For a moment he just froze, staring at her keenly from head-to-toe, taking in how beautiful she looked in that crop top.

It kind of made me jealous.

All of a sudden, as if someone pricked him with a needle, he looked at me and dropped the pillow.

"Why is she here?" he asked me.

"To settle things"

"Settle what?" he laughed nervously, shaking his head in disgust as he got off the bed and walked to his closet.

"That I can't really have a loyal girlfriend? Every girl that I have dated has cheated on me. I found her and..." he pointed at Kim "...and she turns out to be..."

He sighed and pulled a shirt out of his closet "It's crazy isn't it? Everything? Everyone seems to be so messed up"

Kimberly and I were both silent. Listening meticulously to what he was blabbering about.

"You don't always get what you want" he swirled around to look at both of us "All of us lack something that we've craved for and prayed for. But in the end when you don't get it...everything feels so wrong. It's senseless. People tell you to live life to do what you want but circumstances don't always let you..."

"I'm sorry Albert" Kimberly sniffed.

"It's not your fault Kim" he forced a smile at her "There's something that always makes a person sad and people keep it hidden within them, don't let anyone know about it. Maybe you're hiding something Kim, but you don't want to tell us and it's okay"

I tilted my head to glare at Kimberly. She simply stood there, glancing at the floor, her fingers trembling.

I noticed her movements and tried to decipher her body language for some time. She was gulping, she licked and bit her lower lip and fidgeted with the silver bracelet on her wrist. There was an eerie silence lingering in the room.

Was she really hiding something from me?

"It's Alberto with an 'o' by the way" Al spoke.

I blinked and tried to kick the knot inside my stomach. If she was really hiding something, I wasn't ready to hear it.

"So what were you 'settling'?" he air-quoted sarcastically.

"I know what to do" I said and ambled across the room to stand between both of them.

What I said next took me back by surprise. Maybe I wasn't thinking, maybe I was out of my mind to say something like that...

Maybe the pain and misery that I've been holding in my heart, that insecurity and uncertainty that I'm being tricked every time someone talks to me, maybe all of it gave me a mental illness...

Maybe I just wanted everyone around me to be happy...

I didn't care about me anymore.

Why did Caleb have to break his heart because of me?

Why did Kimberly have to come all the way home because of me?

Why did Alberto have to give up on his love because of me?

Maybe everyone is sad because of me and I should be the one to let go to make everything normal again.

With a heavy heart and understanding that I was about to lose someone very precious to me, I said "You guys don't need to worry about me anymore, I'll find my way out but..."

My heart was racing now "...Listen carefully, you guys will not argue about what I'll be saying next..."

"...I want both of you to date eachother"

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/

No! Is Connor out of his mind??? Did he do the right thing?

Thank you so much for the love and support guys! Without you all, I would never have been able to achieve my milestones!

Please keep on helping me like this in the future! I love all of you :)

Please comment, vote and share!

Love, K.

/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/*/