9| Reality

Dedicated to: TheWorldWasQuiet

Thank you so much for this beautiful cover! It gives my goosebumps :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isn't it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say "I'm used to it"

~Anonymous

Connor

I hopped into the passenger seat of our BMW with Caleb behind the wheel.

"Where are we going Cal?" I asked him enthusiastically "Where's the party?"

"You'll find out" he smirked at me, driving the car out of the garage. I had no idea what Caleb was going to get me into but I trusted him with this.

He made me tell mom and dad we were going for a sleepover. I almost killed myself with embarrassment.

"I thought only girls have sleepovers" my mom made a face at me "What're you guys gonna do?"

"Gamble" whispered Caleb.

"Very funny Caleb" she rolled her eyes "Fine you can go, but don't get yourselves into trouble"

So here we were, driving down the soundless, eerie road. The streetlights flickered as our car passed from below them. I was starting to get anxious.

We were in a very dissimilar neighbourhood. I had never been here before but Caleb was driving confidently as if he was experienced at this.

How does Caleb know this place?

The houses here were tapering with tall fences surrounding them. They looked derelict and abandoned just as if there were hideouts belonging to dangerous cults. Who knows? Maybe these were hideouts belonging to criminals?

"Cal, just tell me what we're up to" I clenched my teeth.

"Stay curious, you'll love it" he smirked again.

"Curiosity killed the cat"

He stared at me, puzzled "Uh...what?"

"It's a phrase!" I groaned "Don't tell me you don't know what it means"

He sighed in annoyance "When you're a bad boy Connor, you don't need to know what it means"

Wait, so being a bad boy also includes having no general knowledge?

Caleb, all of a sudden, pulled over to the side of the road.

"What the hell?" I blurted.

The street was vacant, shops closed, no sign of a single soul no matter where I look.

We were in the in potential robbery.

"Follow me" Caleb said, hoping out the car.

"You're going to get us both killed" I groaned hoping out the car and scrutinizing if the car doors were locked.