4| Nostalgia

Dedicated to: shades_of_love12
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"You were the shadow to my light,
Did you feel us?
Another start.
You fade away...
Afraid our aim is out of sight,
Wanna see us...
Alive...
Where are you now?"

~'Faded' by Alan Walker

Kimberly

With a single step, I got off the plane.

Tears filled my eyes as my lips twisted into a smile.

I was back.

The cool wind blew swishing and throwing my brunette hair all over my face. I remembered this wind, the feel of it and the glee it brought along.

Pursing my lips, I swallowed a whimper, I couldn't just cry in front of my parents. We had left this place four years ago due to my father's job.

I left everything back, my house, my neighbours, my friends and...

...my boyfriend.

And now, I was back.

Darkness was omnipresent, it was a breezy and beautiful night. I got into the backseat of the cab with my mom sitting beside me and my father sitting in the passenger seat beside the driver.

As we drove across the town, it all came back.

Chills ran down my spine, my head hurting to keep up with the present. It was like the car had driven us into the past.

The old houses were still how they were before, nothing had changed. The huge windows stared at us like immense, benevolent eyes. The massive yards were all welcoming me.

The irregular shapes of trees hadn't changed. They bowed down toward me, their finger-like branches stretching down toward us as the cab past by them.

"Melancholic old voodoo dolls" I chuckled, that's what my boyfriend used to call these trees.

And suddenly, my eye caught something. A building, within the darkness, that delighted me the instant I saw it.

"Mom! Dad! Wait!" I shrieked on top of my lungs.

"What is it honey?" my mom asked with worry.

"Stop the cab!" I cried, tears stinging my eyes "Please!"

The driver pushed the brakes immediately.

With a shove, I opened the door of the cab and stormed out.

"Honey we haven't reached the house..." my mom's voice faded away as I darted further into the darkness.

I ran, with all my might, my body feeling hefty with nostalgia.