11| Chains

Dedicated to:honeyinthehouse

Thank you for the sweet votes and comments my friend!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Be careful of those who pat you on the back, they might be looking for a soft spot to plant the knife"

~Anonymous

Harley

There are a handful of times in life when you just have to fake your anger and tears to please someone you love.

I loved Gina as a friend. She was a amazing person. But I loved Caleb even more. Nothing made me more ecstatic than knowing that they will both break up now.

Caleb was a playboy, I was sure Gina was too gullible to a fault to bear him and his habits. You need a very skilful, experienced and sharp-minded girl to tolerate a guy like him.

I have been single for a month. This was the longest streak since I broke up with my first boyfriend. I was just anticipating for this moment and it was finally here and I didn't even endeavour any effort.

Caleb was an addiction; that glint in his emerald-green eyes was drug.

I knew he liked me. I have caught him looking at me hungrily from head to toe more than a numerous times.

But I have lost count of how many times I have gaped at him, drooling. He's so captivating; I just can't seem to get my eyes off him.

For instance, it was once a scorching day at our highschool and Caleb and his friends were roaming shirtless in the school corridors.

How I loved his attitude...

Every girl he seemed to pass by just drowned in the beauty of his facade, sharpness of his jaw line, the fuzziness of his hair and the exquisiteness of his abs and muscles.

My friends and I stalked him all day. Gina was there too but she didn't mind because she thought we were just playing a little game.

But it was more than that to me. I couldn't help but marvel about Caleb all the time.

I knew he was a cheater; he just cheated on my best friend. But I didn't bother. I just wanted to know how it felt like to be in his arms.

I have supported Gina for five years straight now, and I still am. But, in my nasty mind, I was plotting a stern, cruel plan.

"Just do it Harley. Express your anger towards Caleb for now" urged my vicious mind "Prove to Gina that you're a friend to thank God for. You can soothe Caleb later; you know you never fail to impress guys, he'll forgive you..."