27| Sacrifice

Dedicated to:TheGreekDuchess

Thank you for the loving votes and comments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The difference between us is - you'd rather hurt me than be hurt while I'd rather hurt myself than hurt you"

~Anonymous

Connor

Kimberly left a few minutes ago and I was seated on my couch, wrapped up in a comfy blanket, a bowl of cereals sat on my lap and my eyes were fixated on the television.

I stole a glance at the watch.

8:30 pm...

My mom strolled into the living room asking me where Caleb was.

"He's showering" I replied.

I noticed Caleb's cell phone that was placed upfront on the coffee table. A few moments later, a message popped up on the screen that read:

"Hey this is Eric. I just wanted to say..."

The rest of the sentence wasn't visible. Raging curiosity arose within me; why would Eric text Caleb? That was just not possible!

But in order to view it, I had to unlock his cell phone. Throwing sneaky glances here and there, I grabbed the mobile form the table when I was sure no one was around.

I entered the 6-digit passcode and was immediately granted access to his data. Before the tussle began, Caleb and I knew eachother's passcodes. Caleb must've forgotten to change it.

Praising my luck, I scanned the living room once again and opened the message. I could read t completely now:

"Hey this is Eric. I just wanted to say that I'm sorry for creating a scene in front of everyone. You and Harley deserve one another and I was being a dickhead back there..."

Eric, furthermore, wrote that in order to complete his apology, he'd like Caleb to meet him, in some weird location that he mentioned, right this instant.

I was blown away. This message was obviously lethal and it had more to it than just an 'apology'. He was asking Caleb to meet him somewhere around 9pm. That was unsafe as hell. Who knows what he's going to do to Cal?

Another message popped up. It was Eric again:

"So...are you coming man? I'm waiting"

At that instant, I made a really big decision. I couldn't reply with a 'no' or else Eric will catch up with Caleb somewhere else and that encounter will surely be displeasing. I texted back:

"Yes, I'm coming"

I jumped off the couch, grabbed my navy-blue hoodie off the coat-rack and meticulously sneaked out of the house.

I knew I was going to get into a lot of trouble for this.

I knew Caleb might get furious.

But I had no other choice.

I was smarter than Caleb - I knew that. It was dangerous and I didn't want Eric to hurt him. I still loved my brother with every fire of my heart and I will keep on loving him till death. There was no way I was letting anyone trick my brother.