31| Sorry

Dedicated to:LoveBooksObviously

Thank you so much for being a sweetheart and supporting me!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Forgiveness is the final form of love"

~Reinhold Niebuhr

Connor

My eyes fluttered open and a plain white ceiling came into view.

Where was I?

I tried to shift and move but I couldn't feel anything. My entire body felt numb and sore. I attempted to move my left hand but it only shot a burning sensation down my bandaged arm. I pushed myself up, making sure I didn't move my left arm; it seemed to hurt the most.

I sat straight up on my bed stretching my backbone. There was slight headache that faded once I took in my surroundings.

I was in my room.

Rubbing my eyes, I stared around. My eyes landed on my antique white desk and side tables. Instantly, a smile spread across my lips. My tables, they were covered in all kinds of vibrant flower bouquets, presents and cards.

How beautiful.

A huge gift box labelled 'From Kimberly' sat in the middle and a few other presents from my friends sat beside it. Close next to it, lay Alberto and Gina's flower bouquets. Around them, there were flowers from my relatives and neighbours.

And then there was Damon's card that said 'I'm sorry I'm broke and I couldn't get anything for ya, so here's a flower...' followed by a smudged drawing of a sunflower.

Shaking my head, I giggled. They were the best, the happiness in my life. They were all what made me complete.

And I needn't change that.

I loved who I was.

Carefully pushing my blanket off of me, I got off my bed. I almost tripped and it hurt little at first but then I started to get used to it. Walking upto the window, I pushed the panes open with my right hand.

It was a scorching afternoon. Had I slept for that long?

And then I realized - Cal would be home from school anytime now. Should I talk to him about last night?

I had a lot of doubts. I had no idea who brought me home, who bandaged my wounds and most of all, how did they find me?

I wore a loose-fitting white T-shirt over my bandaged chest and walked out of my room, admitting that I was asleep for way too long.

As I was exiting, my eyes landed on Caleb's room. The door was wide open, letting his entire room clearly into view.

What shocked me was the fact that his room was surprisingly clean. His books neatly placed in the shelf, his bed tidily made and there were no clothes or unfinished food strewn around.

I let out a laugh. What had gotten into him?

And then I spotted something else.

There was a package, almost the size of my hand, kept in the corner of his matt black desk, shoved in the shadows. It was wrapped in light grey paper and twined with parcel knots.

Something got into me and I strode up to that package. It looked suspicious. Silent, careful steps. I picked it up and untied the parcel knots.

My breath hastened as I got closer to finding out what was inside it. When I finally reached inside, my eyes widened and my breath caught in my throat. The package slipped from my hand and dropped on the floor, all of its contents spilling everywhere. I started to back away from it.