26| Together

Dedicated to:tzoned

Thank you for being such a lovely commenter and voter!! I really appreciate it ^^

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"People change, things go wrong. Shit happens, but life goes on..."

~Anonymous

Caleb

It's crazy how days roll by so speedily when you're tensed. It was Wednesday already and Julian has been forcing me to give Harley a call and sort the shit out.

I've spotted Harley numerous times since our force-break up about a week ago. She never seemed like that joyful person that she was; our breakup must have affected her a lot. She'd walk down the hallways with her head hung low, making very few eye-contacts.

What I just couldn't understand was - why would Eric claim Harley as his girl?

There were two possibilities - either Eric has forced his will upon her or she has been cheating on me.

The second possibility seemed lame; Harley would never cheat on me.

I stood leaning on my car after school was over, merely staring at the afternoon sky, it was mostly cloud, deep steel blue-greys that mirror the hues of the tarmac parking lot. I waited impatiently for Julian to finish flirting with this really hot sophomore.

Just then, from faraway, I catch a glimpse of Harley strolling casually up to me. She wore a jet-black crop top with ripped denim shorts and her dark boots in contrast with her outfit glowed under the sunlight.

She stopped in front of me and gazed up "So, are we getting back together or not?

I recoiled slightly, giving her a smirk "I suppose we will but what if Eric finds out?"

"Let him" she intertwined her fingers with mine "He won't hurt you anymore. I broke up with him yesterday"

"Phew" I smiled, immediately getting tickled pink. But then I thought of something and my eyes snapped wide open "Wait a minute...what do you mean by 'you broke up' with him? Does that mean...you were his girlfriend and my girlfriend at the same time?" I ragingly pulled my hands out of her grip.

Her lips parted and she shook her head frenetically "Don't get the wrong idea Caleb! Hear me out please!" she clutched the sleeves of my jacket, restraining me from walking away "I was his girlfriend before I met you. A few days later, I found him cheating on me with some girl and I was so heart-broken that I didn't have the strength to break up with him; you know how dangerous he is right? So, I just started to ignore him and move on. But guess what? I called him up yesterday and I blew a gasket! I broke up with him...for real this time"

This girl was crazy.

Crazily awesome.

I started to laugh my head off "Oh God Harley you're so adorable!"

She raised her eyebrows and looked at me astonishingly.

"Don't worry" I caressed her cheek with the back of my hand "I'm not mad at you, I understand and I'm gonna help you kick Eric completely out of your mind"

She beamed and gave me a little peck on my lips "Take me on a long drive"

"Sure" I kissed her forehead "Your highness"