23| Guilt

Dedicated to:JessQvist

Thank you thank you so very much for the love and support! Your lovely comments always made my day :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Holding a grudge doesn't make you strong; it makes you bitter. Forgiving doesn't make you weak; it sets you free"

~ DAVEWILLIS.org

Connor

It was a shockingly scorching Wednesday morning. The sun wasn't up the horizon yet but just a miniscule portion of it sent burning vibrations throughout my skin.

I walked down the silent pathway that led to my school, carrying my hefty school bag on my back.

Caleb took the car again and left before I even woke up...

Last night was a mess. I had to help Caleb sneak into the house and then make excuses to mom and dad as to how he was really tired to meet any of them.

I also had to lie to him yesterday.

I made him believe that I was planning to leave the house and live separately but of course...I'd never do that.

I had to say that or he'd just take our fight too far. I knew it, Caleb still had a soft spot in his heart for me or he wouldn't suddenly act all depressed.

He didn't talk to me since I told him that. I guess I really petrified him.

--------------------------------------------------------

I entered my classroom and was immediately greeted with sterile cool air from the air-conditioning. It was amazing as the blustery winter chill bit my sweat-draped skin.

I sighed in relief.

As soon as I sat on my bench I felt a finger tap my shoulder.

"Aren't you scared?" Damon's voice echoed in my ear.

"Damon hey!" I turned around really benevolent to talk to him after so long "It's been so long"

"Yeah" he nodded "I've been kind of sick and had to skip school. But are you not scared?"

"Scared?" I asked furrowing my eyebrows.

"Connor..." he sighed "I know it's weird but exams are drawing near and I'm so fucking scared"

My smile faded when he said that. Honestly, I was terrified too. I couldn't even remember the last time I opened my books. This was supposed to be the exam of our lives, our finals, and I had dreamed to ace it.

But I don't know if I can anymore...

Suddenly, there was a beep on my cell-phone. Kimberly's message popped up on screen.

"Whoa Kimber-freaking-ly!" Damon yelled and snatched the phone from me "I thought you broke up four years ago! When did you guys begin chatting?"

"Damon I'll tell you everything later!" I reached to snatch my phone from him but he refused to give it to me.

He frenetically tried to guess my password "I'll bite you Connor!"

"Turn me into vampire later!" I successfully pulled my phone "I wanna see what she texted"

Damon peeked over my shoulder as I opened the message.