10| Heartbreak

Dedicated to:EnglishBreakfastGirl

Thank you so much for the votes :D

-------------------------------------------------------------------

"It's funny how sometimes the people you'd take a bullet for, are the ones behind the trigger"

~ tumblr

---------------------------------------------------

Gina

The room was dimmed, the windows and doors locked. Upfront, a huge television sat on a pecan-colored table. 'The Conjuring' was playing on it.

Gusts of wind made its way through the little crack in the windowsill. Eerie, whistling sounds of air squeezing through the crack filled the air. It caused the curtains to whoosh making them look like shadowy, hazed figures...almost like apparitions.

"Harley?" I asked, munching on popcorn "It's fifteen minutes to midnight, we should be sleeping"

"Tomorrow is a Sunday" Harley replied, her eyes glued to the television "We can sleep till late in the morning"

We sat beside each other on her bed. Anyone would expect couples to sit like this, around midnight, watching movies. But hell yeah, this was girls' night out! Although it was just the two of us.

We watched the movie carefully as the blindfolded mother plays hide and seek with her daughter, April. Hands of a ghost protruded from a nearby closet and clapped. The mother thought it was her child so she sprinted up to the closet and rummaged through the clothes in the closet.

"No..." Harley squeaked "Not there you hearing impaired!"

Harley was shivering frenziedly, her hands ice-cold.

"Harley, calm down it's just a movie"

She looked away from the screen and rested her head on my shoulder "I can't see this. Why are the people in horror movies so stupid?"

"You know what?" she suddenly lifted her head up, looked straight in my eyes and whispered in a susurrus, eerie voice "When the clock strikes midnight, I hear sounds of footsteps from downstairs"

"Harley stop" I pursed my lips; she was scaring me now.

"I'm serious" she glared at me, furrowing her brows in anxiety "Sounds of glass plates colliding with each other, metal cutlery clinking and striking one another from the kitchen-"

"Harley!" I yelled in a low pitch voice "I swear to God if you don't stop I'll kick you out of your own house"

But she continued "...rustling sounds of someone walking toward the house through grass in the backyard echoes through-"