28| Trouble

Dedicated to:Silentobserver1

Thank you so so much for the cute comments and votes!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world, not even our troubles"

~Charlie Chaplin

Caleb

I walked out of the shower, wearing my lounge pants and dried my hair with a towel. I passed by the mirror and strolled over to my bed, ceased to a stop, and then walked back to the mirror.

I examined my shirtless and perfectly worked out body; how the tiny drops of water gently trickled down my chest and made their way down my abs and how sexy my skin looked when I flexed my muscles.

Smirking, I thought 'No wonder girls are all over me'

I found myself yawning and stretching. I stole a glance at the clock.

9:00 pm

I decided to take a short nap for fifteen minutes as I had an essay to write and had promised my teacher that I'll complete it. In this drowsy state, I wondered if that'd be possible and wanted to regain a little of my energy.

I set an alarm for fifteen minutes and dropped face first onto my bed, instantly falling asleep.

When my eyes fluttered open, the alarm was ringing in my ears. Casually, I grabbed my alarm clock, switched off the alarm and looked at the time.

10:15 pm!

"What the fuck?" I jumped off my bed and glanced at the clock on my wall. It sure as hell was 10:15.

"Shit, shit, shit..." I kept on mumbling under my breath as I opened my door and jogged downstairs.

I must've accidently set my alarm to 10:15 instead of 9:15.

When I reached downstairs, everything was illuminated, all the lights were on.

That was weird because my parents had this strict rule of getting to bed at 10:00 pm sharp. Dad was usually home from work at around 9:30, had dinner and it was his job to make sure all the lights downstairs were off.

I made my way to kitchen, looking around to catch a glimpse of something. When I reached the kitchen, I saw mom seated at the dining, her elbows rested on the table and her palms covered her face.

"Mom?" I asked, furrowing my eyebrows "Why are you up at this time?"

When my mom lifted her head, I saw that her eyes were sore and red and a tear made its way down her cheek. A fraction of a second later, she broke down.

"Mom?" I jogged upto her and gathered her in my arms "Mom, what happened? Why are you crying? Why are you awake?"

A series of questions left my mouth. I couldn't see her like this, it hurt. Something really bad had happened. She refused to speak up.

"Mom..." I whispered again, wiping her tears "It's okay, you can tell me"

"It's...It's..." she stuttered and whimpered and gulped.

I nodded and waited patiently for her to complete.

"It's Connor..."

My heart literally skipped a beat. What the hell did Connor do now? But the information was still incomplete.