8| Change

Dedicated to: angel_tanisha
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it and join the dance"

~Alan Watts

Connor

I strolled on the park in my neighbourhood. Caleb wanted to stay put and play his vicious video game so I left him and came out for a walk alone.

I wanted to feel fresh; I wanted this throbbing headache to fade away. More than that, I wanted to feel like a whole new person.

I don't remember anything that happened last night after I took my first drink; but I do remember people chanting "Connor, Connor, Connor!" as I coughed and winced at the taste of the drink.

I smiled.

I must've had a lot of fun last night.

And I was going to have even more fun tonight.

Some of Caleb's really good friends are in college.

Tonight, we were going to a college party. My life cannot get any better.

I walked along the beautiful, tranquil pathway leading amidst a cluster of trees. Far to my left, there was a children's park. The children seemed so ebullient and energetic, I knew they'd become spoiled brats when they grow up, like us.

I was surprised that Caleb was actually asking me to tag along with him to parties. In the past, he'd leap out of the window of his room asking me to cover for him. When I asked him what he was up to, he'd just say "To chill" and he'd return after midnight.

I have told lies to mom and dad numerous times for him.

Now I know where he was headed, he used to party. He used to party with the bad boys, that's what made him a bad boy too.

He's one of the most wanted boys in our highschool. "A dreamboat" is what the girls call him. They are all over him. And I know that is exactly what will happen when he'll go to college.

I failed to impress people in highschool, but this will not perpetuate in college. I had to make myself a bad boy, so people like me as much as they liked Caleb.

A girl was striding toward me, she was walking her dog. She was very cute blonde.

Okay, time to activate my teenage hormones and put them to work.

She glanced up and as soon as she did, I did not waste time and gave her a one-sided smile and winked.

I immediately blushed.

What the hell did I just do?

But then she giggled and stared at the ground. Bashfully, she beckoned and walked away, flicking her hair.