22| Lost

Dedicated to:Miss-Sassy

Your love and support means a lot to me :) Especially your amazing comments! XD

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You'll never know how much that 'someone' meant to you until you lose them"

~Tumblr

Caleb

Every step felt like a bomb of spikes exploding in my right foot. When I lifted my foot off the ground, the soreness would fade away for a second. Another step and the throbbing would spurt up my right leg again.

I hissed in pain and instantly lifted my right foot off the ground, leaning on the nearby wall for support while I was standing on my left foot.

They did this to me, I thought as I grasped the serrated rocks embedded into the wall.

I glanced up at the night sky; breathing in the cool air that carried a hint of dampness and lacked the pollution of the day traffic.

The stars, wrapped up in the thick blanket of darkness, seemed to look down at me - laughing at my condition.

"You've lost everything" they seemed to say "What happened to your ego? What happened to your attitude? What happened to your love?"

My head hung down in failure. I couldn't fight for Harley. I couldn't save her. They took her away and I lay there like a defenceless and feeble combatant.

Tears started to form under my closed eyelids.

No...I can't cry. I'm Caleb Parker. I never cry!

I tried to thrust the tears back but then came a wave of emotions; such morose and terrible emotions that they overpowered my strength and I ended up breaking down into sobs.

A few minutes of limping down the dark pavement and it suddenly lit up with white light emanating from behind me.

I turned to look back. A car was zooming toward me; its intense white headlights burning my retinas. I shielded my eyes and backed away to make room for the car on the narrow street.

Unexpectedly, the car ceased to a stop beside me and the window was winded down. It revealed a familiar face with a stern and aggravated expression.

It took me no time to realise it was none other but my twin brother, Connor.

"Get in" Connor demanded, without making eye contact, and shut the engines down.

I pulled the doors open and hopped in.

Almost immediately, a blast of cold air hit my face. It was refreshing and soothing and I wanted to place my face on the car's AC vent all night. But of course, that'd be awkward and it looked like Connor had something really important to discuss about as he sat there without starting the car.

I leaned my back on the comfy seat of our BMW and squeezed my eyes shut.

"How'd you find me?" I half-whispered to Connor.

His reply was instant and contained a hint of anger "I asked your friends to whom you actually told exactly where you were going instead of telling your family"

Did he just mock me? ME?

My head snapped in his direction. I looked at him dubiously but the look in his eyes said that he didn't want to look at me.