24| Official

Dedicated to:jenniejohnson2345

No thank you for the votes because you're my bestie and it's your responsibility to help me XD

------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason"

~Anonymous

Caleb

"Were you really about to apologise to Connor, bruh?" Julian furrowed his eyebrows at me "That's messed up!"

I wound back to time I actually took after Connor to apologise.

Was I over-reacting?

Yes I was.

"I know man...I got too emotional back there" I muttered as I steered Julian's car out of the parking lot.

Julian's Mercedes Benz was one of the finest cars I've ever drove. It had the features of a super car and I was ever-ready to drive it anytime.

But the comfort of the car didn't soothe my raging mind. Something had happened to me back there, something took over my consciousness that made me crave to ask Connor for forgiveness.

"Dude, believe me..." Julian sighed from the passenger seat "...he's the one who should be apologizing. He made your life a misery. Now forget this shit and think about getting back with Harley"

Getting back with Harley? I wasn't sure that was safe. Eric nearly had me killed the last time he saw us together. He might even hang me from a tree in his backyard this time.

'So, you're afraid of Eric, eh?' My ego blurted out from inside my head.

'Yes, he'll kill me' My consciousness argued.

'What kind of image are you displaying in front of others? Nearly everyone in your school knows Eric forced his will upon you and now, they think you're weak'

My ego sure had a point there. What would others think of me? I had to get Harley back and prove them that I'm not one of those 'scaredy-cats'

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Connor

Thursday passed by in a blur and it was finally Friday...the day Kimberly would pay me a visit to tutor me.

And my condition was far from okay...

I was nervous just thinking about what could happen. I just couldn't think straight, I threw my school bag amidst the laundry and panicked when I couldn't find it.

My hands gained a consciousness of their own - they kept grabbing food and placing them back on their spot and doing it all over again. I let my arms fall relaxingly to my sides as I waited for Kimberly to ring the bell. When I couldn't figure out what to do with my arms next, I just continued flailing my hands in the air as if attempting to swat a fly.

My hands almost missed the glass plates in my mom's hands.

"Con!" my mom backed away "What kind of unnerving dance are you doing with your arms?"

"It's called" I straightened my back "the I'm-about-to-lose-my-shit salsa"

Mom raised her eyebrows "Am I supposed to find that funny?"