17| Truth

Dedicated to:isaboble

Thank you so much for the support, votes and comments!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I discovered that our disconnect was never because of the insecurities we felt, but rather the emptiness we created when we failed to make sense of ourselves"

~R.M. Drake

Connor

I strolled on the sidewalk, kicking a plastic bottle on my way. I was about five kilometres from school already. Why? Because according to Caleb, he had something important to take care of and took the car away.

I was looking for a good cafe to have coffee in, to refresh myself from the events that occurred at school today.

My lips still tingled from Harley's kiss. My heart craved to know why she did it in the first place. I had so many questions...

The more I pushed that little ache in my heart, the more I thought about it. That intense regretful feeling stayed tangled around my heart; something didn't seem right.

Everything felt wrong...everything.

Every person who passed me by seemed to have the invisible mask on their face, filtering their true self and only revealing what they wanted to show me.

The world felt like a lie.

I sighed loudly and walked into a nearby cafe. Instantly, the refreshing fragrance of coffee tickled my nostrils. It was invigorating, immediately coaxing me to grab one from the guy nearby and drink it entirely.

I controlled myself. I needed a break to calm down, to pull myself together. I slumped on one of the dining tables and stared out of the glass panes.

I spotted a teenage couple taking selfies nearby. The guy gave the girl a kiss on her cheek while she grabbed onto him as if she would never let go.

They looked so...happy.

Why couldn't that guy be me?

I felt a slight wetness on the corner of my eyes and I realized they had become watery.

Why did I feel so sad? Why did I feel like every muscle in my heart had been torn apart?

I was freaking kissed by Harley! How amazing was that?

"..sir?"

My head was spinning now, what was happening-

"Sir?"

I jumped out of my thoughts "Y-Yeah?"

"Are you okay sir?" the waitress asked.

"No..." I breathed, burying my face in my hands "Nothing seems right"

"Should I call an ambulance?"

"Oh no no..." I looked at her, shaking my head "I'm fine. It's just that I'm going through a hard time right now"

She smiled sweetly at me and patted my shoulder "It'll get better. I don't know what it is that you're dealing with right now, but just like everything else, this phase too shall pass"

This phase too shall pass...

Not when the problem is with your twin brother and you'll have to live with him the rest of your life, till you get married. And he'll always be there, no matter how much you try to shrug him off.