Chapter 16: Marvel Knickers and Hero Harry

A/N: so as politely requested by certain people (not naming any names but you know who you all are!) here is Harry's POV...I hope it lives up to your expectations! Thanks for all the votes, comments and reads! xox

Harry's POV

"Ow! Fuck it!" I hear someone swear out loud, "shit."

I realise its Beth as my eyes open up and I try to adjust to the darkness around me. It takes me a moment to remember where I am.

I sit up and look over towards the kitchen where I can make out her outline in the dull light.

I hope she's okay though.

I decide I'd better check on her.

I throw the blankets off and walk over to where she is.

"Beth?" I call out.

I watch as she spins around quickly and the glass she holds in her hand slips out and shatters all over the tiled floor.

"Shit!" she curses.

Fuck, I've scared the crap out of her.

She goes to walk towards me but suddenly stops, a pained expression on her face.

"Fuck!" she hisses in pain.

I realise she's stepped on the fucking glass and it's my bloody stupid fault.

I tell her not to move in case she walks on another piece. I quickly run over to the couch and throw my boots on before I step into the kitchen, the sound of the glass cracks with each step I take.

I gather her up in my arms to carry her over to the kitchen bench. I'm aware of how soft her skin is against mine as her legs wrap around me and I swear her heart is beating rapidly against my chest.

I reach the bench and set her down on it, reluctant to let her out of my arms now I have her so close.

But she doesn't let her hands drop from my shoulders so I take a chance and keep my own arms wrapped loosely around her back.

I can't pretend I'm not disappointed when I feel her legs slowly unwrap themselves from around my waist and fall down on either side of me.

I already miss the warmth of her skin against mine.

I suddenly remember the glass in her foot and I reach down and gently grab her by the ankle.

"Show me your foot," I ask her quietly.

"Its fine," she says as she tries to pull away.

Stubborn woman.

"Don't..." I say, as I lean closer to her in the hopes she'll just let me help her.

I lift her leg up to inspect underneath her foot and I can see a small amount of blood. I can also see the tiny piece of glass that sticks out and I'm hopeful that's all there is. I pull at it and it comes out, though I feel her body jump when I do.

I hold the glass out in my hand to show her.

"Thank you," she whispers to me.

I study her intently and I notice that she suddenly seems to be looking anywhere but at me. As if she's seeing something else, but I know there's nothing there. I'm also aware she looks paler even though her skin has a light sheen of sweat covering it.

I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I'm almost certain she's had some sort of dream.

And not a particularly good one.