Chapter 67: Yellow Shorts and Spa Jets

Beth's POV

Dinner is absolutely delicious and in no way was I responsible for it.

Full credit to Harry for this one.

And it must have been good because there was no complaining from Chloe about it.

With bowls scraped clean, actually I think Jamie was going to lick his until I gave him a look, the kids offer to collect all the dishes and stack them in the dishwasher.

Of their own accord.

Okay.

Where are my real children and what have you done with them?

They soon finish and Jamie comes and stands next to Harry, a grin on his face.

"Harry," he says.

"Yes Jamie," Harry replies.

"Will you play some Fifa with us?" he asks.

"Well..." he pretends to think it over.

"Please Harry," Jamie pleads, "I'll even let you win a few games."

"What?" he looks at Jamie.

"Yeah," he nods enthusiastically, "I don't mind."

Harry puts a serious expression on his face and leans towards Jamie.

"Prepare to get your butt whooped," he says to Jamie as he stands up and starts to follow my excitable child.

I stand up and push my chair in to follow them towards the lounge.

Harry suddenly stops and I walk right into him.

"Oh! Sorry love," he says as he gives me a cuddle, "you don't mind do you?" he asks.

"Why would I mind?" I reply, "they're happy you're paying attention to them."

Something Heath didn't do a great deal of unfortunately.

Harry regards me for a moment, a thoughtful look on his face.

"It's ready Harry!" Jamie calls out from the lounge area.

"Go!" I shoo him in and follow, taking up residence on the couch under a throw rug, to watch the four of them play.

It was a serious and tough game to play.

And that was just for me.

Whenever I cheered for Jamie I would get a look and a raised eyebrow from Harry and vice versa.

It's hard work trying to be Switzerland.

Without realising it, a couple of hours fly by and Harry announces he's had enough.

Jamie looks at him, a huge grin on his face.

Harry turns around to me.

"He really is good isn't he?" he says.

I nod my head silently in agreement.

He had to find it out for himself.

I stand up off the couch and fold the blanket up, placing it back on the couch as the kids pack the game away.

When they're done, I walk them to their respective bedrooms after they say goodnight to Harry.

Nick gives me a kiss at the door before closing it behind him and Jamie a huge hug and a 'love you mum' before he happily goes into his room.

Chloe goes to grab my hand but instead walks past me and straight back to Harry.

She wraps her arms around his waist and hugs him tightly.