Chapter 89: Bathroom Accoustics & Marry Harry

Beth's POV

"How did we meet?" I repeat what Niall just asked me, "well he literally turned up on my doorstep the night we arrived..."

"Not literally," Harry interrupts, "I did turn up on your doorstep."

"Yes...well," I turn back to Niall and try to keep my nerves from getting the better of me, I mean, it's still Niall from One Direction, "Harry turned up on my doorstep with bags of groceries..."

"Groceries?" Niall interrupts, "well that's different. Usually it's a bottle of wine or flowers, but this is a new one," he chuckles good naturedly, "what were you doing with groceries lad?"

"Beth's credit card wasn't working and the kids were hungry and the girl behind the counter just didn't give a shit so they left with nothing and I just thought how hard it must have been to be in that position so I paid for her stuff and took it to her," Harry babbles on proudly.

"How'd you know where to find her?" Niall asks.

"She mentioned where she was staying," Harry replies.

"Stalker much?" Niall winks at me as he smiles widely.

"Hey!" Harry says, very indignantly, "I saved the day you know, I had ice cream."

I stare at them as they laugh, the bond of friendship between them so very genuine and easy going.

"Then as a thank you, he invited himself over for dinner the next night," I smirk at Harry who has the decency to look slightly sheepish.

"Invited yourself there Harry, real smooth," Niall grins.

"All right," he huffs, "what can I say, I was smitten the moment she opened the door."

"Puke," we hear a small voice.

We all turn to see Chloe with her arms crossed and a rather annoyed look on her face.

"Sick person here," she gestures to herself, "we're not here to hear your lovey dovey story."

"Well Niall did ask," I remind her.

"Yes, we all know Harry loves you," she points to me, "you love Harry," she points to him, "he'll probably ask you to marry him and he's so wonderful but Niall's here to see me, right?" she looks at him with the sweetest smile.

I know my mouth has fallen open as I look at Harry and I'm pretty sure he's mirroring my expression.

Niall is simply looking amused by it all.

I feel my face flame with embarrassment as Harry is the first one to recover from her unexpected comment.

"Yes, Niall is here to visit you," he says kindly, "perhaps you can pop over for dinner one night soon?" he then says to Niall.

"That would be a delight," he smiles, "you cooking love?" he asks me.

"God no," I reply, horrified, "I don't want to kill you."

"Combined effort," Harry smiles at me as he reaches out to hold my hand in his before pulling it up to his mouth to place a kiss on the back of it.

"Bucket," Chloe says as she pretends to cough.

"Aye look at that would you," Niall says.

"What?" I ask him.

"He's got hearts for eyes," he chuckles, pointing at Harry.

I can't help it and try not to giggle but I do, Harry rolling his eyes at us both.

"So how did you end up in this mess love?" Niall says, turning his attention to Chloe.