Chapter 86: Ice Cream Cups and Corridor Kisses

Harry's POV

Chloe pooches her bottom lip out and sighs heavily.

"I'm really sorry I didn't listen to Harry," she whispers.

Beth let's out a sigh that matches her daughters and I put my hand on her knee and squeeze it gently.

Hearing how sorry she is breaks my heart and I'm just so thankful that she's alive and well.

"I know you are," Beth finally replies, "and I'm sure you'll always try to listen to us now."

Us?

Did Beth just say 'us?'

My head snaps up and I look at Beth in surprise.

But she just looks back at me with a slight frown on her face.

I shake my head slightly in my growing excitement which has Beth silently mouthing 'what' to me and looking even more confused.

She said 'us!'

I break out into the biggest grin ever at her words and mentally high five, fist bump and twerk myself.

Harold, you legend, you are in!

Finally!

She loves you!

There's an 'us!'

She thinks you're an 'us!'

I want to plant kisses all over her beautifully confused face.

Actually, I think I will.

"Well hello there!" Dr. Wynter's voice booms.

Are you fucking kidding me?

I'm trying to have a moment here.

"I hear our star patient is finally awake," he smiles kindly at Chloe as he walks over, "finally nice to make your acquaintance Miss," he says as he pulls his stethoscope off from around his neck.

Well, yes of course, this is all great and everything but she just called us an 'us' mate!

My knee starts moving up and down in excitement as I try to calm myself and when that doesn't work I started pushing my bottom lip together with my fingers as I watch Dr. Wynter perform his examination on Chloe before announcing that he'll order another MRI in the morning and making sure Chloe gets something to eat and drink.

"I'll see you in the morning my dear," he says kindly to Chloe before making his way to the door, "get some rest, all of you," he suggests, looking pointedly at Beth and I snort at the look on her face.

Oh, she won't like being told what to do mate.

Then he's out the door as quickly as he came.

Now about those kisses.

I purse my lips together ready to lay one or two on her when all I feel is a breeze as she moves off Chloe's bed and shoots straight past me.

"I'll be back," she mumbles as she's out the door before I can say anything.

What about Harold's kisses?

I sit there with my lips still pursed together when I feel something on my cheek.

I turn and look at Chloe who is sitting up with a smile on her face.

"I love you Harry," she says and leans in to give me another kiss on the cheek.