Chapter 62: Unwelcomed Visitors and Midnight Loves

Harry's POV

I lean back on the chair, wiping my mouth with a napkin as I swallow the last piece of my steak.

Mum and Robin have put on a lovely meal and I was fortunate enough to sit here and share it with them.

And Beth.

Sitting here with all the people I care about the most, I don't think I could wish for anything more.

My arm is casually laying across the back of Beth's chair and she's leaning back against it.

I turn my hand up and lazily twist one of her loose curls around my fingers as she laughs about something with mum.

I don't know what they're talking about, cause I'm not really listening, but it must be funny.

"Well, as comfortable as I am right now, we need to clear the table," Robin suddenly says, "the others will be here soon."

We all stand up and begin bringing plates and cutlery over as well as dishes with leftover foods.

"Harry, could you go and turn the front light on please love?" mum asks me.

"Sure," I reply and I walk down the hall and flick the switch that turns the light on before walking back down into the kitchen.

And I see that Beth is gone.

I look around to see where she is.

"Uh...I think she's either gone to the toilet or maybe set the kids up in the games room," Gemma says, "calm your tits Harry."

I glare at her as I bring the remaining plates and glasses over and pass them to mum to put in the dishwasher.

"Ooh settle down baby brother," Gemma says as she playfully flicks a tea towel at my leg before making kissing noises.

"Gemma," mum warns but there's a hint of her trying not to laugh at my sister.

"Harry and Beth, sittin' in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G..." she starts to sing causing my mum to lose her self-control and snort out loud.

"You two are as bad as each other!" I huff.

"Oh darling, we're just teasing!" mum says and comes over and hugs me, "I think she's lovely Harry," she whispers in my ear and I smile even though Gemma is now making kissy faces at me behind mums back.

I hear the French doors open and Robin walks through with a couple of logs and Beth is behind him carrying a couple more.

They walk into the sitting room and place them down before Robin throws one on the fire and walks out, his hand on my shoulder as we pass.

"Where were you?" I ask her.

"Oh I offered to help Robin get some wood from outside," she says.

Of course she would.

I wrap my arms around her and she feels like ice.

"Shit you're cold, move over here love," I pull her with me so we're in front of the fire for her to warm up.

And any excuse to be so close to her.

"Cuddles may help," she suggests with a smile.

I grin down at her.

She must be a mind reader.

I happily wrap my arms around her, trying to warm her up.

"Do you think kisses might help to?" I ask innocently.