Chapter 72: Blanket Forts and Prawn Crackers

Harry's POV

We make it to the doorway and I see Beth is no longer reading as Jamie is asleep on her and Nick is indeed in the same room as her.

I glance over at her to see her quickly put her phone down next to her as she looks up and sees Chloe and I together, an upset look on her face.

But she quickly masks it with a smile when she spots Chloe and I.

What on earth was she looking at?

Did she get some sort of message from someone perhaps?

"Why do you two look like you're up to something?" she asks us.

"I bet Harry that Nick would be here with you," Chloe giggles, "now he has to pay up."

"That's a bit cheeky," Beth replies, "especially knowing that's a sure bet you'll win."

What?

The little bugger!

Beth shakes her head and smiles at us.

"What are we going to do now Harry? It's getting cold in here," Chloe suddenly asks, turning around and cuddling me around the waist as she rests her chin on my stomach and looks up at me.

It is starting to get a little chilly now that the power has gone out.

And it's only going to get colder until the power is restored and who knows how long that could take.

I look over at Nick sitting on the couch under a throw rug.

That's it!

A blanket fort.

Harold you genius.

"I know what we can do," I say, "come on," I wave my hand for them to all come and help.

They follow me into the kitchen where I point to the dining chairs.

"Take one of those in," I ask Nick and Chloe and they go and grab one each and take them into the sitting room.

I continue walking over to the cupboard in the hall and open it up.

"Can you please grab a few blankets and bring them in?" I ask Beth, giving her a kiss on the lips, "and maybe some pillows?" I decide to go in for another kiss again before leaving to help set up.

I grab a broom from the kitchen on my through and walk into the sitting room.

I tiptoe over to Jamie and see he's still asleep but notice Beth has left her phone next to him on the seat.

Should I?

No Harold, her phone's private.

But you know she won't tell you.

But it's...

Fuck it.

I grab her phone and press the button and see a picture of her farm.

Well I'm assuming it is.

It's bloody huge.

I swipe the screen and turn around to Nick and Chloe to see if they know her passcode but I'm surprised to see she doesn't actually have one.

I'll have to speak to her about that.

She hasn't closed off where she was reading and straightaway I'm looking at Twitter.

Fucking Twitter.

And then I see the photos of us and realise she's been reading through the comments.