Chapter 47: Musical Antiques & Precious Memories

Beth's POV

I turn back around, my mouth set in a thin line as I know no good can come from Cate.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned.

"Beth, love," Harry squeezes my hand, "don't let her get to you please."

"She's taking pictures of us," I say, "you know she's going to post them."

Harry looks thoughtful for a moment.

"You seemed to handle the negativity today," Harry reminds me.

"Yeah, I guess," I admit, "but it's more that I just don't trust her Harry, I think she'll do something...more."

I just have a really bad feeling in my stomach.

Harry holds our joined hands up between us.

"Do you want me to let you go?" he asks gently, "whatever you decide I'll go with."

I think about it for a moment.

It's already slowly becoming public knowledge that Harry has been seen with me, in what capacity it's not yet confirmed though I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

The other thing I realise is that time is precious and it waits for no one.

My time here is limited and I don't want to waste it, thinking and worrying about what people, that I will never know, might say.

When I could be spending my time with this beautiful and lovely soul that's somehow wandered into my life.

Because it won't be forever.

"Beth?" Harry gently shakes my hand, causing me to smile up at him.

"No," I say, "no I don't," and I pull him along the path, following the kids.

It's a good half hour walk until we finally reach a white bridge that spans across the other side of the lake.

"Can we go over?" Jamie asks, pointing at it.

"Absolutely," Harry smiles at him, "that's where our surprise is."

"Ooh!" Chloe claps her hands together and squeals.

We start to walk over it and stop when we reach the middle.

Looking over, we see what do indeed look like train carriages on the water.

"Harry!" Jamie yells.

"Yes mate," Harry laughs, "how about on the way back?"

The view is just beautiful and I'm quite lost in it until I feel a hand on my lower back.

"Ready?" Harry asks.

"Sorry, yes," I reply, "it's just lovely here."

"I know," and the tip of his tongue darts out and touches his top lip before he smirks.