Chapter 45: Sweet Strawberries and Unexpected Lovers

Beth's POV

A beeping sound signals and Harry let's go of my hand to retrieve his phone from his jeans.

My goodness he does wear a pair of jeans well.

He pulls it out and unlocks it and I watch his expression go from a smile to a frown as Harry suddenly looks up and around us.

Okay.

I raise my eyebrows at him, waiting for him to share the reason for his sudden change in mood.

Harry finally looks at me and sighs loudly.

"What is it Harry? Spit it out," I ask, tired of waiting for him to tell me.

He silently hands me his phone and I take it from him and look at it.

I see he has a message from his sister which has a link attached to it.

"Do you want me to click on this?" I check with him first before just assuming I'm allowed to.

"You can," he says quietly.

I touch his phone and the link is to Twitter.

And a photo of Harry and I walking together pops up.

It's from today.

"So people know we're here eh?" I say, smirking at Harry, "how on earth would they know that?" I ask him, clearly knowing.

Harry smiles sheepishly at me before rubbing the back of his neck with his hand.

"Yeah I kind of wasn't thinking back there was I?" he admits.

I look back at the photo and already there are a boatload of comments.

I scroll through them quickly, noting most of them want to know who I am.

Well of course, everyone wants to know who Harry is with when he's spotted with someone, especially if it's a female.

Some comment on Harry, specifically how he looks today.

And he looks very nice today.

Very, very nice.

Then I start to see some, shall we say, less than flattering observations about me.

Now I get his hesitancy.

"Beth?" Harry's voice causes me to snap my head up and look at him, "are you okay?"

I look at him and he looks almost scared, worry clouding his face.

Like he's frightened of what this might do.

"Harry, I'm fine," I reply and I see his body instantly relax and a small smile of relief appears on his face.

"I know there's some pretty harsh comments there," he says sadly.

And you're surprised about this?

"Yeah," I reply, handing his phone back to him, "but your sister thinks I'm pretty!"

This makes him chuckle as he takes his phone back, holding it in his hand.

"I can't believe you're being so calm about this," he says, "most girls..." he trails off.

"Oh, okay," I reach out and take his phone back from him, "hang on."

Harry looks at me hesitantly and I take another look at his phone.

"Oh my god! We've been spotted!" I yell as I reach out and grab him before whispering, "they're onto us!" I look around us wildly, pretending to be on the lookout for people with phones.