Chapter 87: Hairy Beards & Surprise Visitors

Beth's POV

I wipe my face with the napkin, having just finished a ham and cheese toastie while Harry knocked back the hospital cafeteria's version of a full English breakfast.

"Proper food will be nice," I sigh as I sip my orange juice.

"And privacy," Harry replies and I frown as I watch Harry turn and look over his right shoulder.

I follow his gaze and let out a surprised laugh as we see a girl taking a very unsuccessful selfie of herself.

It's obvious because her phone is aimed over her own shoulder at Harry and I and not positioned at her face.

She'll be lucky if she gets her ear in the shot.

"Unbelievable," I smirk and shake my head, "you wouldn't want to be picking your nose or scratching your arse, would you?" I say to Harry.

I make a mental note to start walking with my hands in my pocket when I'm out in public in case I forget and go to pull my knickers out of my arse, should they attempt to stray.

"Ready to head back?" Harry asks.

"Yep, I've had enough," I say and stand up, grabbing our tray and taking it over to the return area.

I follow Harry as we walk out and I can see the table of two girls out of the corner of my eye, watching us as we leave.

So, I do the only appropriate thing.

I reach out and pinch Harry on the arse, causing him to jump and whirl around, and the girls to gasp out loud.

"What did you do that for?" he asks, rubbing the spot where I just pinched.

"Cause I can," I reply with a smirk on my face.

He looks at me for a moment and I almost think he's angry with me until his mouth breaks into a grin.

"Yeah," he replies, "you can," he nods, reaching for my hand to pull me along.

But he drops it almost as quickly and puts his arm around my shoulder, pulling me close to him and bending down so his mouth is next to my ear.

"Though you realise, I can do it too," he says in a low voice, his hand slipping from my shoulder and to my own bottom before he squeezes it and I gasp a little.

He smirks at my response as he removes his hand and again reaches for mine.

Cheeky little shit.

We walk in a comfortable silence and back into Chloe's room to find that she's not there.

A moment of panic washes over me as Harry and I both freeze until I grab hold of his arm.

"MRI," I remind not only him but myself, "he was sending her for an MRI this morning," I breathe out, "I bet that's where she is."

Harry and I look at each other, neither of us saying anything.

"I'll go and check, just to be sure," Harry offers and gives me a kiss on the cheek before he heads back out of the room.

Calm yourself Beth.

If there was something wrong, they would have called you.

I sit down on one of the chairs and pull out my phone and send a message to Anne to see if she would like to bring the boys in to see Chloe, or if Harry and I need to come and collect them and bring them in. Within minutes she replies that she and Robin will bring the boys in as they would like to see Chloe as well.