Chapter 83: Unexpected Kindness and Transmitted Diseases

Beth's POV

The flashes from the phones start to blink rapidly in the dusky evening as we approach them.

Shit, they're quite bright too.

Harry releases my hand as we walk and my heart feels like it's in my throat when for a moment I think he's going to leave me until the same hand moves to sit firmly around my shoulder, pulling me protectively into his side.

Some of the younger girls start to squeal Harrys name in excitement as we near the entrance and there are a couple of security guards who try their best to gently create a path for us, pushing the girls into two groups.

The squeals get louder however I notice some of the older girls shushing the younger ones.

Bless them.

"Stand back!" one guard says, "let them through!"

Harry smiles at the crowd and offers them a polite wave as we reach them and attempt to walk through the throng, the opening so narrow that Harry is forced to let go of me and grab me by the hand again.

The doors open automatically and I let go of the breath I didn't even realise I was holding in.

"Beth?" somebody calls my name and Harry is already inside the emergency department when I feel someone pull at my other arm, breaking my connection with Harry.

Adrenaline shoots through my body as I turn around, my heart now accelerating as the fight or flight mode begins to kick in.

"I'm sorry to hear about your daughter," a blonde girl says to me, "I hope you don't mind but I brought this for her."

She holds up a small teddy bear for me to take.

Oh, my.

I gingerly take the small bear from her before some other girl's hand me more gift bags and presents to take.

"Thank you," I reply, "how did you know though?"

"It's all over Twitter and Tumblr," another girl says.

"Yeah, someone is putting it out there that works here," I turn my attention fully on the girls.

"Can you show me please?" I ask.

Fingers are instantly tapping on phones before they lift them up to show me.

And the familiar flash of red hair is right in amongst it all.

I shake my head in disgust, my lips set in a thin line.

"Will you or Harry let us know when she's awake and feeling better?" the blonde girl asks me, "just so we know she's okay?"

"You all want to know that?" I ask curiously.

"Yes," a few of them chorus.

"If she's special to Harry, then she's special to us," the girl kindly insists.

Several girls nod their heads in agreement and each of them is smiling at me, the occasional flash from a phone, but they all seem genuine in their concern for my daughter.

"I'll make sure Harry tweets something, okay?" I reply, "thank you for all of this," I look down at the gifts I'm holding, "it's very generous of you all," I give them a grateful smile before I turn around and walk inside to a waiting Harry, who gives them another wave and then decides to blow them a kiss which promptly causes them to visibly swoon as they frantically wave back.

"What have you got there?" Harry asks as he begins to take some of the plush toys from me.

"Yeah...about that..." I begin, overwhelmed by his fans' kindness, but not at how they appear to have found out, "your fans brought them for Chloe."