Chapter 36: Stolen Sandwiches and Painful Realisations

A/N: so here's Harry's POV...a few of you have been waiting for this...oh the pressure! I hope it meets your expectations... x

Harry's POV

I hear the soft click as mum closes the door behind us.

"Have you eaten anything today love?" she asks, gently placing her hand on my shoulder.

"No," I shake my head.

Not food anyway.

"Let me make you something to eat, it's past lunch," she says.

Shit, is it that late already?

I walk down the hall and into the kitchen, sitting myself on one of the bar stools at the breakfast bar.

"Tea?" mum offers and I accept.

Cause tea fixes everything right?

"Where is everyone?" I ask as mum goes over to the fridge and starts pulling out different foods and putting them on the bench.

"Robin and Gemma went out for a bit of a walk, they should be back soon," mum says.

The kettle boils and mum makes us both a cup of tea, pushing mine over to me, which I gratefully accept.

I only nod, not saying anything.

"So what happened Harry?" mum asks.

There's no beating around the bush with her.

"I don't know," I say, shrugging my shoulders, "it all seemed to be going well, like, really well and then she..." I'm interrupted by the sound of the front door opening and slamming shut as Robin and Gem return home.

Mum reaches over and placed her hand over mine.

"We'll talk later love," she smiles as she pats my hand.

"Hey baby brother!" Gem announces enthusiastically as she bounces into the kitchen, Robin trailing behind her with the newspaper in his hand.

"Harry," he nods at me as Gem comes over and gives me a hug and I instantly smile.

We pull apart and she takes a step back and throws her leg up over mine, displaying a pair of the new boots I gave her yesterday.

"Don't they just look fabulous on me?" she asks, twisting her ankle from side to side.

"I'm sure you'll have the most happening feet in Holmes Chapel Gem," I laugh.

"Happening?" she looks at me like I'm crazy, "try sexy, stylish, maybe bootalicious?"

We start giggling as mum pushes a plate with a sandwich in front of me.

"Where's mine?" Gem asks, pointing to the sandwich.

"Make your own," I say before I take a bite and purposely make overly loud noises about how delicious it is.

"Mum, you gotta stop treating him like a baby!" Gemma says.

"Nonsense," mum narrows her eyes at Gem before she comes over and puts her hand under my chin, "Harry will always be my baby."

I just grin at Gemma and take another bite of my sandwich. 

She pokes her tongue out at me before she leans over to give me a kiss on the cheek.

Awww...she loves me.

She smirks before she walks out of the kitchen and up the stairs.

I put the last piece of sandwich in my mouth and reach down for the other half.