Chapter 60: Red Wine and Apple Juice

Harry's POV

The familiar surroundings of the neighbourhood where I grew up greet us as we drive down the street that takes us to mum and Robin's house.

Well, it was my childhood house but it's theirs now.

I'm kind of glad mum didn't sell it.

It's nice to come here when I'm home and not out on tour.

Though if she decided to sell it that would be her decision entirely.

I pull into the driveway and instantly smile because that's just the effect this place has on me.

I can't wait to show Beth around.

I look over at her but she looks as white as a sheet.

She's already anxious and I can feel it just by looking at her.

"Breathe love," I remind her as I reach out for her hand and give it a reassuring squeeze.

She looks at me and I'm instantly lost in her eyes.

Like, she could hypnotise me with them I'm sure.

She smiles at me but it's forced.

My sweet darling girl.

"Come on," I say with a cheerful voice as I open my door and step out.

I close it and walk around to Beth's side to open her door for her.

Which is probably not the smartest idea as I'm sure she's thinking about locking herself in my car right now.

Thankfully she's decided not to barricade herself in and the door opens when I pull on the handle and offer my hand to help her out.

Or in this case there might be some gentle pulling on my part to get her out.

But instead of rushing her up to the door, I guide her to the front of my car and lean back on it casually, my arm behind Beth's back as she does the same.

"So this is where I grew up," I say, sweeping my hand out in a grand gesture.

I truly am excited to have her here.

"It's a lovely house," she says looking around, "is there much space out the back?"

"Couple of acres, I think," I reply, "more gardens and a good size space to kick a soccer ball around."

Jamie will love it.

Beth nods her head and simply smiles.

Gemma's POV

Ooh I can hear Harry's car pull into the driveway.

Mum's street is so quiet you can hear a car come down the road before it pulls in.

I quickly run to the lounge and peek outside through the curtain, trying not to be spotted.

Oh yes it's them!

Harry's the first one out of the car.

Surprise, surprise.

He moves quickly around to the passenger side and opens the door, holding his hand out for Beth.

I can see her through the window and she looks terrified, truth be told and Harry almost looks like he's pulling her out against her will.

Poor thing.

I hope she's feeling better since everything that happened with that dickhead yesterday.

Just the thought of him sends shivers through me.