Chapter 21: Fortune Cookies and Harry Boots

A/N: hope you enjoy the new chapter, thanks as always for reading, voting and commenting! x

Beth's POV

I lean against the door cause it's nice and solid.

And I think if I move off it I'll quite possibly fall over.

I'll just stay here for a bit longer.

My heart is still beating wildly and I'm quite sure I have a really stupid grin on my face.

My hand's move to my mouth and my smile widens at the memory of Harry's lips on mine.

I feel like a giddy schoolgirl.

You know that feeling you get when you kiss someone new for the first time?

It still feels the same even at my age.

Well, I guess, I haven't kissed someone different for the last fifteen years.

I almost feel like I'm cheating on my husband, but I know that he would never look at this in that way.  He'd always said that if something ever happened to him that he would want me to find someone else.

Somehow I don't think he had Harry Styles in mind when he said that.

I mean, I don't know what this is between Harry and I but I know it's not a full blown romance thing.

He's just going to be someone nice to spend time with while I'm here.

Yeah.

Nice.

He's very nice.

I walk over to the table and begin to clean up the empty boxes and containers.  I open the plastic bag and notice something in the bottom.

Fortune cookies.

I've never actually eaten one so curiosity gets the better of me and I crack one open.

'The fortune you seek, is in another cookie.'

Okay...

I crack another one open.

'This fortune is no good.  Try another.'

What?

I open another cookie, determined to get me a good fortune.

'Every exit is an entrance to new experiences.'

Hmmm...

Well we exited Australia and entered here and this is certainly a new experience.

So I guess the cookie is right.

Cookies never lie.

I continue to clean up the mess before dropping the rubbish into the bin.

I wipe the table down and the kitchen bench, picking my phone up and putting it in my pocket as I clean.  I throw the dishcloth into the sink before I turn around and come face to face with Nick.

I let out a small scream of fright which only makes him giggle.

"You little turd," I say as I narrowly stop myself from peeing my pants.

"I just came down to get a drink mum," he says, still laughing as he goes to the fridge and pulls out some juice.

I pass him a glass and turn around to lean on the bench as he fills the glass.

He looks so much like his dad, nothing like me.

He's just turned thirteen and already he's at my height and he thinks it's awesome.