Chapter 73: Caramel Profiteroles and Silent Phones

Beth's POV

The sensation of fingers brushing the hair from my face wakes me up from my comfortable sleep.

I sigh loudly, refusing to open my eyes.

Will he ever learn?

I feel the bed shake slightly as Harry wriggles around next to me.

For god's sake, sit still will you?

Wait.

"You better not be taking more photos of me while I'm asleep," I warn him.

He wraps his arm around my waist before smothering my neck with loud, sloppy kisses, making me squeal.

"Don't!" I laugh, "it tickles!"

He pulls away and I reluctantly open my eyes to see him leaning up on his elbow, head supported on his hand as he looks down at me.

"I may or may not have," he smirks, "besides, last time I checked it wasn't a crime to take photos of my girlfriend."

Girlfriend.

It still seems strange to hear him call me that.

Strange but nice.

"Only if it begins to border on weirdness, then it is," I reply.

"Nah," he grins, "it's only weird if I put props in the photo or put your hand on my dick."

"Harry!" I say with a shocked voice, "you didn't?"

"I'm kidding!" he laughs, "though I should probably delete those last few now..."

I smack him on the arm playfully as he pulls me on top of him, my arms able to lay across his chest as my hands support my chin.

I absentmindedly begin tracing the tattoos on his shoulder as his hands gently run up and down my back.

I feel his gaze on me but I can't return it.

He can be so very intense and honestly, I'm not even fully awake to be able to handle it.

There's a quiet knock on the door and my eyes fly wide open as I quickly check we're both decent.

"Come in!" I call out and watch as the door opens and Chloe pokes her head around.

"Good morning," she says as she quietly walks over to the bed and slips in under the covers, laying on my side of the bed.

She leans in and gives me a kiss and then one to Harry, much to his surprise I think.

"How did you sleep?" I ask.

"Good," she replies, "so did Penny."

"Always important," I agree before groaning, "I need to go to the toilet."

Reluctantly I leave my very comfy position and crawl out of bed to go to the toilet.

As I sit there, I lean my head against the wall while I think.

Actually I'm not even thinking anything.

I'm just staring at myself in the mirror.

I probably should get up now.

I'm not a morning person and I can be a bit vague until I'm properly awake and functioning.

Okay.

Maybe a lot vague.

I finish up and walk back into the bedroom to find Chloe cuddled up into Harry's side and his arm around her back as they talk.

"Of course you can," Harry says to her and she's positively beaming at him.