Little things pt6

I walked into my house and sat my things on the table "Gabriel" I called out to him "come on Gabriel I need to ask you something." I said again looking around the room "why did you tell me to go there, I don't understand." I sighed waiting for a response but after I stood in a few moments of silence "fine, whatever." I sighed "freaking angels." I muttered in frustration as I made my way up to get ready then headed to Derrick's apartment. The night went smoothly with some very bad jokes on Derrick's part "oh I know Ted. I'll keep that one to myself until Monday." I laughed sarcastically walking though the kitchen door, oh god that has to be the worst joke I've ever heard, I thought to myself with a sigh as I grabbed a few more bottles of champagne. I jumped at the feel of someone brushing against my butt, I quickly turned to see Derrick with a sly smile "so you wanna stay over tonight?" he asked before he kissed my neck softly I closed my eyes at the feeling I smiled running my hands through his hair "mm, maybe." I said with a big smile then Gabriel quickly flashed through my mind making me jump a little "I'm sorry was I to rough?" Derrick asked pulling back "oh no, must be the champagne. But I think I'll pass tonight, I have things to do tomorrow." I said with an apologetic smile "oh, well that's fine hun. let's get back to the party before they report us missing." he chuckled looking down at me as he fixed his suite "ya don't want them doing that huh?" I said patting his chest with a strained smile before I walked passed him. "I'll see you Sunday? My parents are really looking forward to that art exhibition." Derrick said as I stepped out the door "of course, I can't wait." I said kissing him before I turned to leave.

gah I was really hoping they'd cancel I thought walking in my door, I placed my things on the table then walked to the kitchen opening the fridge door grabbing a drink before I sat at the table running a hand through my hair I thought of Gabriel, why did I think of him? He hadn't even crossed my mind all night and that was all I could think about for the rest of the party I thought running a hand over my eyes "damn it." I muttered looking at the black smudges on my fingers, I got up and went to the sink wetting paper towel I scrubbed my fingers "so I see the party went well." Gabriel's voice came from behind me "oh god!" I shouted almost knocking over the jars on the counter "No not God but close go down a few angels" he chuckled, I turned to him "you almost gave me a damn heart attack." I muttered frowning my brow at him. "Oh well should I knock first? Maybe tie a bell around my neck?" he said pursing his lips at me "No, I just didn't think I'd see you again." I sighed as he walked over beside me "well I just thought I'd drop in and see how you liked my little surprise." he smiled "um, well it's fantastic but why?" I asked looking over at him "Well you seemed so upset over it I just thought you know, it'd make you happy or something and show that I'm not a complete dick." he said with a half smile "Ok well that's a reason I guess, but you disappeared then just showed up out of nowhere did something happen?" I asked feeling a little confused "ya just some family stuff nothing big, sorry I took off like that without leaving a note for you." he said sarcastically "No that's not what I ment, I just, well I got use to the idea of you being here and then after that you just vanish I didn't know if something bad happened to you." I said feeling a little silly "oh so you do care." he smirked stepping closer "look you've got nothing to worry about I'm fine but thanks for the concern, I've never really got that from anyone before." he said looking down "well you're my friend right? That's what friends do angel or not." I smiled at him a little Gabriel looked up with a sigh "ya, friends. Man I need to get use to that word, I've never really had a friend before." he chuckled sadly "No shame in that, I've had a few but not really if that makes any sense." I said taking a drink of my soda "not a bit, but whatever that's not the point. I didn't really think you'd care if I left or not but now that I know I won't just run off anymore." he smiled at me "sounds fair. But I seen how bad it could get so if you do just becareful." I said thinking about Delsin "don't worry no one can mess with me, those angels know better now." he said as I quickly looked at him "did you do something?" I questioned with a frown "No not like that, I was just looking into something and it didn't turn up anything so nothing to worry about." he said reassuringly. I let out a sigh of relief "Ok good, anyway I think I'll go change. Plan on sticking around awhile?" I asked as I walked out of the room "I suppose I could if you want." he answered as he appeared in the living room and sat down on the sofa "geeze, I don't think I'll ever get use to that. But yes please do stay." I smiled walking up the stairs.