▬▬ 01. RADIANT

CHAPTER ONE
━━━━ RADIANT ━━━━

【 CHAPTER ONE 】━━━━ RADIANT ━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

EVERYONE SAID SHE LOOKED like her mother.

⠀⠀The spitting image of her mother actually. Laurel Pandora Scamander was a sight for sore eyes. Her head held long tresses of dirty blonde hair that resembled the color of spring yellow dandelions, which sometimes had brightly colored ribbons weaved into braids or was up in a messy bun held up by her wand. She had small lips that made the prettiest smile and let out the most melodious laugh. Her ears occasionally held a pair of strawberry earrings or a butterbeer cork necklace would adorn her neck. Whenever she looked up, the bright blue eyes that she had gained from her father pierced the onlooker's soul, as if she knew them inside out.

⠀⠀And when she looked at James Sirius Potter for the first time in fifteen years, he knew there was no going back.

⠀⠀He had to take off his glasses (which he hated) and put them back on when he saw her. Laurel had given him a confused look, shook her head and returned to the book she had been reading, a small smile on her face, forgetting about the incident as soon as she turned away.

⠀⠀Laurel and James were in the same house, Gryffindor, and the same year. But most people said she should've been placed in Ravenclaw with her older brother, Lysander. She honestly didn't really mind what house she got into as long as she had friends. Everyone claimed Slytherin to be bad, but Laurel found no malevolence in any of the houses. Slytherins were just smart and sly people. They were ambitious and Laurel admired them for it.

⠀⠀Both of them had met multiple times before because of their mothers' close friendship when they were little tykes, but because Laurel had spent so much time in the library with her two best friends and in the Forbidden Forest to draw, the both of them hardly ever spoke while at Hogwarts. James had his own group of friends and Quidditch to focus on than her.

⠀⠀But it wasn't until his fifth year in Potions class that he had finally taken a good look at Laurel.

⠀⠀And Merlin, she was radiant.

⠀⠀James Sirius Potter was known for being the eldest son of the famous Harry Potter. He gave off a discreet pompous demeanor like the two people he was named after, but everyone knew that once you got to know him, he wasn't so bad. He looked very much like his father, except he didn't inherit the famous green eyes. Ginny's beautiful chocolate brown eyes were given to him, along with her contagious energetic smile. A mat of untidy black hair sat on his head which billowed whenever he flew, and stuck onto his forehead whenever it got wet. He had his father's face structure and lanky frame. From both, he inherited amazing Quidditch abilities, playing Chaser for the Gryffindor team.