▬▬ 02. CHOCOLATE PUDDING

CHAPTER TWO
━━━ CHOCOLATE PUDDING  ━━━

【 CHAPTER TWO 】━━━ CHOCOLATE PUDDING  ━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE FIVE SIXTH YEARS entered Hogwarts castle, Dominique taking the lead, Callen and Evan behind her, with James and Laurel behind them, silently walking next to each other. James hated this. It was torturing him. The fact that he wanted to talk to her but didn't know what to say was slowly killing him. And she had no idea.

⠀⠀Laurel had thrown a few glances at James' way, noticing that he looked extremely uncomfortable for some reason. But she couldn't quite catch as to why he was so tense. She then proceeded to shrug it off, happily anticipating the new year at Hogwarts. She noticed the trail of first-years in their boats that cut through the glassy Black Lake, heading either into a new world of intriguing magic or into a stressful seven years of their life. It was probably both for some of them. They were getting smaller and smaller every year.

⠀⠀Asher Arlington ran up to James, his school robes billowing behind him.

⠀⠀"Thanks for ditching me!" he exclaimed, his hand landing on James' shoulder, who promptly turned around. Laurel turned around as well to see who it was.

⠀⠀Asher was extremely tall (he was like a giraffe compared to a lot of the Gryffindor boys), had a tousle of curly dark brown hair on his head, a pair of dark brown eyes that seemed close enough to black, his dark skin darker from the summer sun than the last time Laurel had seen him. His stocky build made him a perfect Quidditch player, thus he played the part of a Beater. His sharp and angular jaw was the source of many crushes on him (from both genders). But whether he knew it or not, he really only liked one girl. Dominique Weasley.

⠀⠀"Sorry, we got a little too comfortable in their compartment," Evan said as Asher rolled his eyes, walking up towards Dominique, who paid him no mind at all. Dominique kept on walking, taking three minutes to notice that a really tall boy was now walking beside her.

⠀⠀"So you like drawing," James finally piped up as they sat down at the Gryffindor table, a loud chatter rising in a crescendo around the Great Hall. He placed himself strategically next to Laurel.
⠀⠀"And painting," Laurel said simply, looking around at the ceiling that was lit by floating candles. The ceiling was enchanted to look like the galaxy for tonight, tomorrow may have another surprise for them. Every year, the ceiling never failed to fascinate her.

⠀⠀"Oh," James said simply. "And Dom tells me you don't show anyone your work?"
⠀⠀"No," Laurel replied, "I don't. Well, on certain cases I do. But that's only if you're that close to me."
⠀⠀"Like best friend close?" James inquired.
⠀⠀"Yeah," Laurel said, looking back down from the ceiling at the gold cup set up with her plate and silverware.
⠀⠀"Hypothetically speaking, would you show your boyfriend?" James continued to ask, the words coming out of his mouth before he could think.
⠀⠀"Yeah," Laurel replied, looking up at James, unknowingly piercing him again with her blue eyes. "Though I'd rather not talk about the topic of boyfriends."
⠀⠀"Why—?"
⠀⠀"Don't press it, James," Dominique quickly cut in, noticing her friend's slight uneasiness, who turned away from James quickly.
⠀⠀"Oh," James said quickly, turning from the blonde to his cousin, quickly mouthing a 'Why?' to her. Dominique made a slicing motion with her hand at her neck, telling him to not question it at all. But James was James and he would find out.