「 EPILOGUE 」

━━━━【 EPILOGUE 】━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

TODAY WAS THE DAY. Laurel stood in front of a floor-length mirror, staring at herself. She had kicked out her family, Dominique, Callen, Roxanne, and Lily from her dressing room for a minute to have to herself.

⠀⠀The dress was gorgeous. The square neckline brought out the best of her broad shoulders, displaying her necklaces. The fabric shimmered white, but under different lights, it looked like a pale mint green underneath. She had chosen this dress for that very reason. Her arms were covered in long bell sleeves, with a v-shaped back, the skirt cascading down her legs into a waterfall-like train. Her favorite part? The entire dress was covered in flower embroidered designs. It really couldn't get more Laurel than this.

⠀⠀She was marrying James. She never thought she would get to think those words. But here she was, getting ready to start their forever together (not as if they hadn't already). He had proposed four years after they began dating again. He hadn't given her an engagement ring. He knew her too well. They had woken up one morning in their London apartment and all he asked was Will you marry me? and Laurel said yes! without hesitation. She didn't care about a ring. She just wanted to be with him.

⠀⠀As Laurel stood in front of the mirror, she pulled something out of her dress pockets. It was a tiny folded paper that was fading and yellow with age. She unfolded it, finding the note James had written about her back when they were sixteen. It was the one she had stolen off his bedroom wall. She had found it while going through her piles of old letters in their apartment a few weeks ago, wondering if he had ever noticed its absence.

⠀⠀Now she was here, reading it again on her wedding day. It was enough for Laurel to know that his feelings would never change. Still, she was nervous.

⠀⠀Since New York, Laurel quit working for the Ministry. She now spent her days as a normal Healer at St. Mungo's and James remained an Auror, slowly rising in the ranks. Tien, James' supervisor, had retired at the close of the New York case, while Howard was sentenced to life in the American wizarding prison. His daughter, Linnea, was under the care of her nanny, Mrs. McHane. As for Gwynin, she found a cure for Red's pain, and they both formed a friendship. James still kept in touch with them, but he knew he would stay in England for a long time.

⠀⠀In the last four years, Laurel had never known more happiness. When James and she had arrived back in London, they shocked the press into a frenzy. James Potter left for Now York? They came back together? Oh! To swoon!

⠀⠀According to Evan, Phillip had gone back to America with his family and quit his job at the company. But she didn't really care. James was her entire world and she would hold fast to it.