▬▬ 26. I'M NOT LEAVING HER

CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX
━━ I'M NOT LEAVING HER ━━

【 CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX 】━━ I'M NOT LEAVING HER ━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LAUREL RETURNED TO HOGWARTS the next day after the trial, not quite ready for the onslaught of questions by both people she knew and people she didn't even know existed. Are you really his girlfriend? Did his father endorse you? You were bribed, weren't you? How much did they pay? How on earth did Granger pull all those witnesses and evidence from her arse in a matter of seconds? The blonde was also not expecting the bullying she would get from Mara's friends. How that girl still had friends was beyond Laurel.
⠀⠀Her dad was angry with her for a little bit for ditching school, but once he had heard the news (where James was cleared of all charges, not the other part) and that McGonagall had consented, he seemed a little proud of her. But, she wasn't allowed to leave the castle grounds for the rest of the school year, which meant no Hogsmeade. Fortunately, neither Luna or Rolf paid attention to the news, so they didn't know what really went down in the courtroom. Laurel would tell them eventually. Lorcan and Lysander had their suspicions. Perhaps she'd confirm it at a later date.

⠀⠀As much as there was so much being thrown at her, Laurel couldn't help but feel an overwhelming sense of peace rush over her. Nothing could really bother her. She was still processing the fact that she didn't have just her own heart to take care of anymore, and that her heart was now in the hands of none other than James Sirius Potter. It had been a whimsical twenty-four hours and she wished so much to just sit down and process it.
⠀⠀When she told Dom and Callen about what had happened in the Potter house the day before, they were ecstatic for her. Callen squealed for joy and Dom clapped her hands, calling for a celebration with her hidden stash of Firewhiskey under the floorboard under her bed. That was reserved for special occasions only. And perhaps this was a special occasion.

⠀⠀James wouldn't be returning to Hogwarts until the next day. Laurel missed him but knowing that he would be back soon enough consoled her. Whatever this world was to throw at them, they would handle together, hand in hand.

⠀⠀Laurel spent the next day going through her classes, answering the pondering questions of her classmates. She wished they would just relay the answers to each other since they were all asking the same questions. It was rather irritating.

⠀⠀She sat down in Herbology, Professor Longbottom flashing her a smile. Everyone in her class seemed to stop their conversations as they saw her walking in, perhaps surprised that she was now James Potter's girlfriend. Oh, she did not like it. She liked her quiet life before, existing in her own world. The blonde tried to ignore the stares and whispers, staring at her seat at the front of the classroom. Why did she have to choose a seat so far from the door?

⠀⠀"Are you sods done gawking?" she heard a familiar voice next to her say to them, letting out a sigh of relief. Laurel turned around and found Asher, who took the empty seat next to her. "Professor Longbottom is waiting for you all so he can start class."