▬▬ 05. ACCIO

CHAPTER FIVE
━━━━ ACCIO  ━━━━

【 CHAPTER FIVE 】━━━━ ACCIO  ━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"YOU'RE KIDDING," Dominique said in disbelief as she stared at the brightly colored piece of paper that Laurel had shoved into her hands, along with four other pairs of hands. "You really didn't just sign us up to tutor first-years, Laurel. This is ridiculous."
⠀⠀"All right, fine," Laurel sighed, snatching the paper away from Dominique's hand. "You don't have to do it if you don't want to."
⠀⠀"Good, I'm terrible at teaching," Callen said, relieved as she gave Laurel the paper back. Laurel felt defeated as she felt like she was the only one willing to help first-years. She turned to the three boys who had managed to squeeze themselves into the smaller couch across from the girls.

⠀⠀They were all in the Gryffindor common room, which was empty, since everyone else was outside, enjoying a cool day of autumn. The six of them, however, were stuck inside upon Laurel's request. James was already out of the hospital wing, making his way through recovery with great progress. It was halfway through the month of October, and the trees were changing hues so quickly that Laurel couldn't keep up.

⠀⠀"The three of us have Quidditch practice—" Asher began.
⠀⠀"It's only every other day," Laurel insisted, as Evan and Asher exchanged a look while James was still looking down at the paper, his glasses slipping down his nose. "The tutoring days are the days you're available."
⠀⠀"Laurel, I really like that you signed us up for this tutoring thing, but teaching first-years isn't really my bottle of butterbeer," Evan said honestly, as Asher made a grunt of agreement. Laurel sighed, nodding as she looked down at her shoes.

⠀⠀"I appreciate your honesty, Evan," she said, a tight smile forming on her lips. She took the papers that Asher and Evan were giving back to her, turning to James expectantly.
⠀⠀"Are you going to bail out too?" Laurel asked, trying not to sound too down about it all. She really expected more from the lot of them, but she guessed she was wrong.
⠀⠀"Actually," James said, looking up, pushing his glasses back up his nose, "I can make it. You can't do this on your own, can you?"

⠀⠀Laurel couldn't help but smile as everyone else looked at James incredulously, all except Dominique, who leaned back on the sofa. The redhead always seemed to know more, a smug smile planted on her face at her cousin.

⠀⠀"You can?" Laurel asked, her face brightening up immediately. "That's brilliant! The first session is on Tuesday afternoon right after regular classes end and we'll be helping in the Great Hall after it's all set up."
⠀⠀"Are you sure about this, mate?" Asher asked, his left eyebrow perked up. "You're really cutting down on Quidditch."
⠀⠀"Have you forgotten that I can't play for another month? I sort of got my bloody ribs broken by a bat," James said, lifting up his shirt and pointing at his side which was bandaged all the way around. "I've got a whole month to kill."
⠀⠀"Right," Asher said, sighing. "I still can't believe you,"—he jabbed a finger at Evan—"allowed Milligan to be on the team."
⠀⠀"He hit James hard enough to break his fucking left rib!" Evan exclaimed, pointing at James' shirt-covered ribs. "Besides, he was the only good player on the tryouts who could fill in the place for Beater. You're going to have to deal with him, Ash."
⠀⠀Asher sighed, getting a pat on the shoulders from James.