▬▬ 11. THE WORLD

CHAPTER ELEVEN
━━━THE WORLD ━━━

【 CHAPTER ELEVEN 】━━━THE WORLD ━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

LAUREL HAD BEEN HOME for the holidays for about two days now, excitedly anticipating Christmas Day in all its glory that would be taking place tomorrow. Her friends had been sending letters and cards since she had come home; Evan sent a very generic Quidditch-themed Christmas card, with his father's autograph on it (as if Oliver Wood was that famous); Asher sent a card by Muggle mail, which Luna had much trouble trying to figure out, asking why it only had one stamp, or something along the lines of that.

⠀⠀Roxanne sent her a glittering homemade card, which sang four Christmas carols. Lysander grew jealous her since her card was apparently more 'aesthetically pleasing' than his. Callen and Dominique had been writing her a letter everyday since they left for Christmas break (and her writing one too everyday); James also wrote everyday, since he apparently had 'so much free time' (lies), also sending a card from Ginny to Laurel, which the blonde had no idea why.

⠀⠀The Scamanders' had also been cordially invited to the Potters' annual Christmas party that night, that Ginny had insisted on hosting ever since her and Harry had gotten married. According to Luna, it used to be just what was left of Dumbledore's Army, a few of the Order of the Phoenix, and a few others at the party. Now it was those people, and their families. Harry had to make a few accommodations to make their house larger just for this party. Thankfully, he had a wand, with a few magic tricks up his sleeve to help him (and Hermione, of course).

⠀⠀Laurel was with Dominique and Callen at the moment, at a Muggle store Callen had brought them to in the middle of a snow-covered London, just to find their dresses. The three of them had been invited (Callen for the first time), and they would be getting ready at Laurel's place before heading to the party with the Scamanders. Laurel didn't know how they were going to pay for their dresses, or how much sixty pounds in wizard currency was, but she assumed it was a lot by the look of Callen's eyes when she pulled out the dress she wanted. Or maybe it was just the dress itself that startled Callen. Dominique was used to it at this point, seeing Laurel's funky Christmas outfits. The only person in the Scamander family that wore something 'normal' was Rolf, but even then, who wore bright green and red striped wizarding robes to a party?

⠀⠀Laurel had chosen a dress that covered every part of her body except her hands and her neck up. It was made of patterned cloth with a red flower design and lime green leaves with it. The sleeves were slightly translucent, and the dress reached the floor, the waist of the dress wrapped evenly around her waist. She didn't know if James would like it, but she couldn't care less. Laurel chose a pair of nude colored heels to go with it. She watched as Dominique chose the most skimpy dress she could ever be allowed wear.