▬▬ 13. IT SUITS YOU

CHAPTER THIRTEEN
━━━ IT SUITS YOU ━━━

【 CHAPTER THIRTEEN 】━━━ IT SUITS YOU ━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

IT WAS ALREADY THE middle of the month of January, the homework load from the unrelenting education system of Hogwarts growing the more the students tried to lessen it. Midterm exams and essays were hitting them all with little to nothing of hours to sleep, and every weekend was nap time instead of Hogsmeade.

⠀⠀Laurel hated midterm week (probably more than she hated Liam). She personally disliked studying, never being able to focus on something for that long. She was a fast learner, but if it came down to something that wasn't remotely interesting, she found it easy to distract herself, or get distracted. And James was no exception.

⠀⠀All six friends were hogging a library table to themselves, studying or writing essays furiously. They had originally planned to spend this Saturday on a break in Hogshead for some cheap butterbeer, but things had gone terribly wrong when a 'horrible' (which really wasn't that bad, but Evan had to be dramatic) rainstorm decided to pound down on them. So, they were 'rained' in, stuck studying, deciding to take that butterbeer break next weekend instead.

⠀⠀Laurel had been staring at James for the past five minutes, watching him throw a paper ball up in the air only to catch it again, leaning his chair on its back two legs, his Herbology textbook in his lap, his glasses perched on the end of his nose. His eyes were scanning the page furiously, as if he were cramming for the rest like it was tomorrow. She found it odd that James was actually studying without her help (though she believed he'd need help eventually), let alone actually sitting still and studying. She mentally slapped herself; when did James Potter studying get interesting to her?

⠀⠀(Perhaps James Potter had always been interesting to her ever since the school year started.)
⠀⠀(But she would've never dared to admit that.)

⠀⠀With that conclusion, she tore her eyes off of James to scan everyone else. Evan had fallen asleep, his face on his book, his soft snores filling the ears of everyone at the table. Asher was studying intently without expression, running a pen through out his textbook, underlining important things (which Laurel came to observe was almost everything), almost anxiously. Dominique looked as serene as ever, a fiction book sitting in front of her, her fashionably circular reading glasses slipping off her nose every once in awhile. Her red hair was a mess, as she had been quite stressed this morning thinking that their first exam was today, forgetting to brush it, only to find out that midterm week wasn't this week, but next week; besides, it was Saturday.

⠀⠀Callen was probably the most stressed out of them all. She had all her books laid out (her things made up a good portion of their table), as well as snacks that, in the end, only her and Evan feasted on. Exam time was the only time Callen Li was genuinely stressed. Yet, she was the smartest of them all.