▬▬ 09. THE BIRTHDAY OF ALL BIRTHDAYS

CHAPTER NINE
━ THE BIRTHDAY OF ALL BIRTHDAYS ━

【 CHAPTER NINE 】━ THE BIRTHDAY OF ALL BIRTHDAYS ━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE FIRST SNOW OF THE YEAR began falling on the 20th of November, much to James' delight. It was a Saturday, which James had happily woken up to, snow falling lightly outside, the castle grounds covered in a sheet of white color. He had also woken up to three shouts of 'Happy Birthday', two presents, and a card on his bed by the time he had changed to go to Hogsmeade. He was meeting up with the usual bunch: Evan, Asher, Dominique, Callen, and, of course, Laurel. Asher and Evan had been waiting for him in the common room, where he was hit with at least thirty people wishing him a happy birthday. Being Harry Potter's firstborn meant that almost everyone knew it was your birthday.

⠀⠀Having many family members had its proponents, but not when it was your birthday. As soon as the owls began swooping in at breakfast, James was pelted with a card or a parcel of considerable size from at least each family member (and a few from his father's ongoing fanbase). It wasn't the first time, but he always silently wished he had a summer birthday, like his parents' and Lily's, so he could spend it in the summer at home, quietly. But of course, he had to be born in the winter, where he wasn't in reach of people at home.

⠀⠀He quickly organized the presents and cards as the owls stopped coming (and apologized to the people who had were hit by the packages), but it had already attracted enough attention from quite literally the entire school. All of his friends were laughing at him, while Laurel smiled at him, giggling and returning to her food. He made a mental list in his head as to who these were from.

⠀⠀A package and card from Mum and Dad. Another package and two cards from Grandpa and Grandma Weasley. A card from Aunt Hermione and Uncle Ron. Another three cards from Uncle Percy and Aunt Audrey, Uncle Charlie, and Aunt Angelina and Uncle George (who James had been skeptical to open since the year before, it had blown up into fireworks spelling out 'Happy Birthday Jamesykins' in the Great Hall).

⠀⠀He had gotten a small package from Victoire and Teddy, who were traveling together in France, finishing wedding plans; another card from Uncle Bill and Aunt Fleur. Not to mention the other cards he had gotten already from his two siblings and the countless amount of cousins he had who were currently in Hogwarts. His birthday was literally a conundrum of cards, packages, and laughs every year. He honestly could never get enough of it.

⠀⠀"Basking in the glory, Potter?" James heard a voice from behind him that was all too familiar. He glanced up and noticed Laurel's look of desperation at the person behind him.

⠀⠀"Gladly," James said, smirking a little as he turned around slowly, continuing to sort out his birthday cards as if they were Muggle playing cards. He was met with Liam's blue eyes and slightly annoyed expression. "How can I help you today, Anderson?"