▬▬ 03. PLATONIC

CHAPTER THREE
━━━ PLATONIC  ━━━

【 CHAPTER THREE 】━━━ PLATONIC  ━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

THE NEXT FEW DAYS went by quite quickly, the weekend rolling in hastily. And the weekend meant two things at Hogwarts: Quidditch and Hogsmeade.

⠀⠀Evan was named Quidditch captain by Fred Weasley II (who had graduated) last year, and Oliver Wood couldn't have been more proud of his son. The Gryffindor team Quidditch tryouts were this weekend and James had to tryout for his position again (Evan had to be fair). After Ginny Potter found out about his dropping grades in Herbology (Professor Longbottom may have just accidentally leaked it out a little bit to his red-headed best friend), she banned him from playing Quidditch for the rest of the season. Thus, much to their dismay, Slytherin had won the Quidditch Cup last year.

⠀⠀"Quidditch tryouts are this afternoon," Callen told Dominique and Laurel as they walked to the Great Hall for breakfast.
⠀⠀"We know," Dominique said, rolling her eyes. "That's the last thing you told us before going to sleep last night."
⠀⠀Laurel chuckled. "Why are you so worried about it?" she asked. "Evan's already on the team."
⠀⠀"Yeah, well, he knows so many people and so many people want to try out and if he tells them they're not good enough, he's afraid that they'll hold it against him," Callen rambled, her eyebrows knitted together in worry.
⠀⠀"He'll be fine," Dominique said yawning, shrugging it off. "Trust me. Evan will be fine. People will be fine with it after a few weeks."
⠀⠀"You think your cousin will make it onto the team?" Laurel asked as they sat down at the Gryffindor table, which was half filled with first years. Laurel supposed that the three of them were early. Callen and Laurel took the same side of the table, while Dominique took the other side.
⠀⠀"Yeah," Dominique said. "He's really good. He's got Uncle Harry's genes and Aunt Ginny's genes so it'll be all good. Aunt Gin—oh my Merlin, Callen. Don't worry about it."

⠀⠀Laurel turned to her friend, who was currently biting on her nails nervously. The blonde chuckled, reaching over to pull Called's hand away from her mouth.

⠀⠀"We'll go to Hogsmeade for a bit and then we'll be back for the tryouts. Loosen up a bit," Laurel said reassuringly. "He'll be fine."

⠀⠀Callen let out a sigh of relief, her shoulders sagging as Dominique headed straight for the cereal. Just then, Laurel spotted three boys heading towards their direction, quickly spotting a familiar four-eyed boy who she was slowly growing closer to. There was something about James Potter that drew her towards him, but she couldn't quite figure it out yet.

⠀⠀Ever since the whole chocolate pudding thing at ten-forty at night, Laurel couldn't quite look at James Sirius Potter the same way. Now he was more than just Harry Potter's eldest child. He was chocolate pudding boy. She would've called him that out loud if it wasn't for the secret that he made her promise to keep.