▬▬ 08. SUFFOCATING

CHAPTER EIGHT
━━━━ SUFFOCATING  ━━━━

【 CHAPTER EIGHT 】━━━━ SUFFOCATING  ━━━━

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

"YOU TOLD HIM THAT?" Dominique asked incredulously. "You never tell James Sirius Potter what to do."

⠀⠀"He agreed," Laurel shrugged. They were walking towards the Gryffindor Tower after a long study session in the library with just them girls.

⠀⠀"I think he likes you," Callen said thoughtfully. "Did he seem disappointed or anything?"

⠀⠀"Laurel is the most oblivious person we've ever met, Cal. You think she'd notice?" Dominique asked, causing Laurel to laugh.

⠀⠀"Well maybe this is something she actually took notice in," Callen said indignantly.

⠀⠀"I did," Laurel said after laughing, Callen made a triumphant expression at Dominique, who merely gaped at Laurel.

⠀⠀"Well?" Dominique asked after she closed her mouth.

⠀⠀"He looked disappointed," Laurel said simply. "I sort of felt bad. I mean, I didn't mean it in any harmful way or anything. He looked very...sad. But he agreed with me."

⠀⠀Callen and Dominique didn't respond as they both shared a look, all three arriving in front of the Fat Lady.

⠀⠀"Satisfied now, aren't you?" Laurel asked the Fat Lady with a sarcastic smile.

⠀⠀She didn't respond as she looked away, opening the door for them even though they hadn't said the password. Maybe she felt bad.

⠀⠀"Look," Callen said as they walked through the portrait hole, "I really think he likes—"

⠀⠀She stopped abruptly as Dominique elbowed her, shooting a glance at the area in front of the fireplace in the common room. James, Evan, and Asher were congregated there, all except James glancing up as they saw the girls. Laurel didn't look their way as she quickly headed for the dormitory stairs, Dominique chasing after her in a blur of black robes and bright red hair. Callen quickly muttered something to Evan and gave his hand a warm squeeze before quickly heading back upstairs with her friends.

⠀⠀Laurel dumped her bag on her bed, falling into it, staring into space moodily as Dominique and Callen stared at her from their beds.

⠀⠀"He likes you," Callen said, finally finishing the sentence that had been cut off before.

⠀⠀Laurel finally dropped her moody gaze into space to her hands, sighing heavily. "I hope you're wrong."